Plugin that verifies if all servers are online? (servers run on seperate servers)

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by TurtlesBeast23, Jan 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

TurtlesBeast23

Note: I am not using Bungeecord. I am using a C++ application to connect all servers to each other. Additionally, all games and the mainframe are run from separate servers and they are not run for 1 computer.

So, would creating a plugin that verifies if all servers are online be possible? If it's useful, the specifications of the servers are 64 GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3-1225 v5 processor and they run Lubuntu however some of the servers run Windows Server but those are mainly for staff management.

Thanks,
    TurtlesBeast23

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@TurtlesBeast23 With a certain delay yes.
    And what are you using then?
    It is probably doing the same as bungeecord with the same limitations (as they are due to Minecraft itself)

3. Offline

TurtlesBeast23

It's custom developed software digitally signed by DiamondCreeper Services and their installed on the actual server, not the Minecraft server.

4. Offline

5. Offline

TurtlesBeast23

All it basically does is it connects all the servers to the mainframe with their IP address. Their also connected to a different network than my home one and they all have a static IP address.

On our Windows servers it's a service but on our Linux servers it's a background process. Our mainframe also has a background process that checks if the background process/service has been disabled or killed and if it has it will re-enable the service or restart the process.

6. Offline

@TurtlesBeast23 So a kind of multicraft for multiple servers?
    Why not have a service or background process to check the state? Seems that you have the developers to make that.

7. Offline

TurtlesBeast23

Oh, ok. And also I'm developing all this but in the future we will be seeking developers that can not only develop in Java but can also program in the Microsoft .NET Framework such as C# and C++ as most of our applications mainly consist of those languages for the foundation.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.