Plugin Request: Control the pig you ride!

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Semirotta, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Offline

Jay98d

This is a great idea!

Since I first rode a pig with A saddle I was like WTF you can't control where he goes!

This is a great idea for a plugin, and I hope someone does decide to make this, It would be a great bonus I could add for my donators!

2. i could add this for donators also. XD Mby better way for donators to donate :)

3. Offline

uyuyuy99

I still don't see how you expect this to get done. It's not going to work the way you intend it to without some sort of client mod. Maybe you could think of an alternative way of doing it?

4. Offline

Xadiant

Hey, I really want to see this mod.

I understand controlling with the arrow keys is not going to work. How about when you are mounted the Pig travles in the direction you are pointed?

5. Offline

mushroomhostage

That's how I was thinking as well (it's how the pig from AnimalBikes is ridden), I believe it should be possible without client mods. Check the player's yaw and simply set the pig velocity to the same direction. And you could also have the pig automatically jump when it hits a 1-block high step, so tapping space bar to jump wouldn't be needed either. Anyone want to try making a plugin to do this?

6. Offline

Xadiant

AGREEMENT :D Maby progress will begin :D

I need to learn java so bad....

7. Offline

kagecookeh

Also what about people for spout? i have spout and am looking for a plugin JUST like you want. Could it be possible if someone make a spout version of this plugin?

8. Offline

jonoce633

This sounds like it'd be a cool plugin.

9. Offline

javoris767

4 months behind bro, also they are adding this in 1.4. You will be able to control pigs with a carrot on a fishing pole I think that's what I saw lol

10. Offline

np98765

Correct. :)

11. Offline

coolo1

Wait for 1.4 :p

12. Offline

slam5000

Ugh! Wish I had seen this thread earlier! Well, though it is rather late,
    I hope someone can find a use for this! I know that 1.4 is coming out
    soon, but why wait till then to truly ride pigs???!!!!!

In case anyone still wants it, here's an alternative to the first plugin posted, it has multiple
    movement speeds, permissions and jumping. (didn't get the chance to try the other one
    out so idk if it has those features or not, either way, it was pretty fun, and easy to code)

permissions:
    pigjockey.equestrian - allows for the riding of pigs

Simply saddle up, look in the direction you want to go, and left click on the air with a stick to start moving. There are three (i think) movement speeds that you can travel at, you cycle your movement speed by left clicking. After reaching a movement speed of 5, the speed will result to 0, so if you want to stop controlling your pig, just cycle through to 0. Keep in mind, while it does provide pretty good control over your pig, if attacked, he will still freak out like any other pig! (I did that intentionally cause it seemed pretty fun :p)

Finally, if you want to jump, look up, and it should make the pig jump. If that doesn't work, or is too laggy
    for your liking, you can always hit the pig to make him jump from damage, but that could kill your pig, and
    will probably make him freak out, thus making you loose control.

Hope you all enjoy!

<Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2016
  13. Offline

WarmakerT

Wait 12 or 13 days.

14. Offline

Armadillo

I'll wait. I might be interested.