Plugin request: AFK Detection via chat

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Rodney3434, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Offline

Rodney3434

Plugin category: Admin Tools

Suggested name: AntiAFK Circumvent

What I want: I'm looking for a plugin that can stop AFK players from manipulating the faults of plugins like OnTime or Autorank which may use playtime as a requirement to rank up on the server. I've found multiple anti-afk plugins already, however most of them either don't work or don't work as efficiently as I would like them to. In reality, all I would really request is a plugin that checks to make sure a player has executed a command or typed a message in chat within a set period of time. That way players who use any form of AFK machine whatsoever can not bypass AFK kickers without typing at least once, per say, every 30 minutes. I've seen a simple plugin made in less than like 30 minutes in a reply on a different topic but was last made in 1.5.2 and no longer works. Also, it would be preferred if it's slightly more in-depth. Such as warning players when a certain time period has passed (29 out of 30 minutes) that they need to type a command or type something in the chat to stay logged in and if they don't, provide an auto-kick feature where that player is kicked for not following through. The time limits and whatnot don't particularly matter to me, as long as their reasonable or at least customizable (somewhere around 30-60 minutes before a player needs to type a command or chat before they are booted).

Ideas for commands: Maybe just a command to reload the plugin after editing the config for ease, and anything else is just extra that I don't mind.

Ideas for permissions: antiafk.reload

When I'd like it by: Within the next few days. It shouldn't be too hard to create, however I've never been one to make plugins before so who am I to judge?

2. Offline

PapiDimmi

Seems like a useful plugin, though, I thought that AutoRank and other plugins like it automagically detects if someone's away from keyboard?

3. Offline

Rodney3434

Now that you mention it, Autorank does say it provides AFK circumventing countermeasures but it didn't seem to really explain how they work, how well they work, and if it is required to have another anti-afk plugin integrated to work. Depending on how well that actually works though might affect the usefulness of this plugin request. Either way, I do believe this plugin may be more efficient as it requires the player actually utilize chat in some form to prove they are there, which is very difficult to automate.