Plugin Generator

Discussion in 'Resources' started by Dinnerbone, Jul 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Dinnerbone Bukkit Team Member

To aid in making plugins, inspired for my new video series I'll be making on how to create plugins, I've created a small tool which I'm dubbing The Pluginator. Simply enter a few details about your soon-to-be plugin, and it'll create the basic structure for your plugin (it compiles and everything!). No more worrying about the messy stuff, and you can now jump straight into the code within seconds.

I'll be expanding on my toolset soon by adding something to edit Permissions and Commands, but I'll come back to them later. Planning first!

Let me know what you think of the tool, it should save you much needless code when you're just starting up a new project :)

Linky! http://dinnerbone.com/minecraft/tools/pluginator

2. Offline

DreadKyller

interesting. People that have done plugins for a while probably will find this not extremely useful. But it will be great for new developers.

3. Offline

Knapier89

May I request an example of how to do this, a sort of tutorial I suppose? Because I really want to start making some plugins but I'm having a hard time grasping the coding :/

4. Offline

jeffadkins51

Would you mind if i posted my plugin generator aswell? It's alot different. But i wouldn't feel right posting another plugin generator without your permissions.

5. Offline

I have no objections :)

6. Offline

jeffadkins51

I'm very happy to hear that, thanks! Also: Do you save the data onto a MYSQL table? I'm assuming no.

7. Offline

Nope. Everything is generated on the spot, I don't record any input or the generated zip.

8. Offline

DrBowe

I'm actually more interested in this. Granted, they wouldn't be of much use to me, but I'm sure that any new developer would love to watch videos from one of the makers of Bukkit. :)

9. Offline

Jaker232

Best generator and best working by far out there.

10. Offline

Daniel Heppner

Does it use Maven?

11. Offline

It creates the plugin in a maven compatible format, with a pom.xml and all. Dependencies are added for which options you chose (ebeans for database etc), and you can literally just build the result straight away in maven :)

12. Offline

Daniel Heppner

Now what about when a new version of Bukkit comes out? How do I tell NetBeans that I want to update the dependencie(s)? I've had this problem in the past with Bukkit's non-vesioned releases. On Eclipse, I can get it to update by forcing the download of packages, but I'm not about to switch back over to that crazy program. So how do I do it on NB? Also, quote or tag me please. :p
    thanks.

13. Offline

Look for your maven folder and delete the old bukkit; most likely on windows, c:/users/you/.m2/repository/org/bukkit/bukkit/0.0.1-SNAPSHOT/bukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar

14. Offline

Jaker232

@Dinnerbone By "Windows," you mean "Windows 7". I'm running a Windows XP and my main file for documents is a c:\Documents and Settings\<name>

15. Offline

That itself also depends on not moving the path. Either way, it's "most likely" userfolder/.m2/etc.

16. Offline

Jaker232

@Dinnerbone Ahh, I understand now. You were shorting the string?

17. Offline

Daniel Heppner

@Jaker232 I'm using Windows 7. Shouldn't be a problem.

18. Offline

manill66

Does it already write the code for your plugin?

19. Offline

Tster

I press generate and nothing happens?

20. Offline

DrBowe

Just tried this, and I must say it is pretty nice.

Only one problem, though:
    I typed in the name of my plugin, and it didn't generate the whole thing. It like...only made the framework, like it expected me to code the meat of the plugin. Please release a patch for this.

Note: The above is sarcasm.

glen3b and Ultimate_n00b like this.
  21. Offline

tbsman

lol the site is Down.

22. Offline

Jason_Pra

Hi I'm looking for someone to teach me how to code a bukkit plugin I have little to no knowledge of java if u could help that would be good.

23. Offline

Ultimate_n00b

Watch TheNewBoston, read the plugin tutorial + JavaDocs and you're good.

24. Offline

KeXoS

My problem is the whole thing? Okay perfect I have a file that says ''me'' ''kexos'' ''plugins'' ''avatarmobs''. I didn't receive any plugin? xD

25. Offline

Burnett1

This generates a template for a plugin. Not a plugin. It's so developers don't have to write the same thing out again and again.

Skyost and ivideo1011 like this.
  26. Offline

Resevil4

Well What do you do with a template???? Can someone inform me with further instructions PLEASE?!?! Dinnerbone Burnett1

27. Offline

bobacadodl

If you know java, head to the plugin tutorial. http://wiki.bukkit.org/Plugin_Tutorial

If you don't know java, this doesn't help you :p Its just a template for plugin files

28. Offline

Resevil4

29. Offline

bobacadodl

Do you know java and how to create a plugin?.. If so, you would know how to use this.

30. Offline

Skyost

It is a joke ?
    Are you a developer ?
    If yes your question is stupid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.