Plugin Request Plugin: Drops soup bowls, but they wont show up on the ground.

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by Bubblun, May 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Bubblun

Hello! I am Bubblun, I am a new member to bukkit and also in the progress of Learning Javascript.
    I am not advanced enough to do it myself, so I need someone talented enough to do this for me please!

What I want is a plugin (Not a complex one) A plugin that lets players drop their empty soup bowls, but they don't show up in the world. (Meaning, if I drop an empty soup bowl, It's gone.

I don't need perms or commands, or even a config! I just want a simple plugin that lets me drop an empty soup bowl and make it not appear in the world. I will be grateful if someone could please do this!

Thanks alot!
    ~Bubblun

2. Offline

pie_flavor

@Bubblun First of all, NEVER confuse Java with JavaScript. That is one of the worst programming crimes.
    Second, it's easy. Just listen for a PlayerDropItemEvent, then use getItemDrop() and remove it.

3. Offline

Bubblun

Well I ain't experienced ENOUGH to do it, that's why I am requesting.

4. Offline

Rascal Two

Decided to make a plugin for your situation :)

Here is the download link for DiscardByDropping (I'm not good with names)

I already have Bowls setup to be destroyed when dropped, so you don't need to do anything.

I did expand on it and make it possible for any item dropped to be destroyed via a list in the config.yml name DiscardedItems.

I also added a config option that would prevent Droppers and Dispensers from dropping the listed items.

Any player with the '
    discardbydropping.BypassDiscard' permission can drop items without them being destroyed.

Players can also execute the
    /discardbydropping command to see a list of all items that will be destroyed when dropped if they have the 'discardbydropping.SeeList' permission.

I used the Bukkit material names, so you can add any item on this list - includes all items available, they're just named differently in Bukkit.

That's about it! :) Most of this you can ignore for your sakes, just install & forget since I already added BOWL to the list. ;) If anything happens wrong feel free to contact me back. :)

[Commands]

• /discardbydropping - Give Description Of The Plugin And List Disappearing Items.
    [Permissions]
    • discardbydropping.BypassDiscard - Players With This Permission Can Drop Bowls Even If BowlsDisapearOnDrop Is Set To True.
    • discardbydropping.SeeList - Players With This Permission Can Drop Bowls Even If BowlsDisapearOnDrop Is Set To True.
    [Configuration]
    • DiscardedItems - List Of Items To Disappear when Dropped.
    • AntiDropperDispensor - Prevents Dropppers & Dispensors From Dropping Listed Items Also.

5. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@Rascal Two
    Those logger messages from "is enabled" can be removed, Bukkit does that for you already.

6. Offline

Rascal Two

I'll try not to forget this again. :)

7. Offline

Bubblun

Thank you so much! I really appreciate you doing this!
    Thanks!
    ~Bubblun
    I will also report any bugs to you if any!

8. Offline

Rascal Two

You're welcome :) Don't forget to mark the thread Filled (Or whatever it's called on this Forum)

9. Offline

Bubblun

Um, I'm a noob on these forums and I don't know how to mark this as solved or whatever, derp :) Could someone help me?

10. Offline

Rascal Two

I'm also new to the forums. It might not be possible in this specific sub-forum. I know in the official Plugin Request forums when something has been finished the owner can add a FILLED prefix. Probably not possible on this sub-forum since there's already a prefix though. Guess you just leave it as it is :)

11. Offline

pie_flavor

@Bubblun Click Thread Tools at the top of your original post, then change the tag.

Rascal Two likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.