Plugin does not start with a specific spigot version.

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by PeterXonwiiXx, Nov 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lets say,when i run my plugin it ruuns normally and evrythings fine (running latest spigot update.)
    BUT my friend when he runs the plugin and do a relaod/restart then the plugin does not pop up and i dont know what the reason for that is....

Im running CraftBukkit version MC: 1.8.8 (Implementing API version 1.8.8-R0.1-snapshot)
    1version behind.

and my friend is running the same but 3versions behind,i know sounds stupid but he runs it on a host and im on local for testing plugins,

Thanks in advance <3

2. Offline

Scimiguy

If it doesn't pop up, there'll be a console error.
    Find that error

3. @Scimiguy no error nothing,for me EVERYTHING works but for my friend it doesntt ,,no plugin load NOTHING :(

4. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@PeterXonwiiXx
    Let me take a guess, you have Java 8, while your friend has Java 7?

5. @Zombie_Striker both on last update and he is paying a serverhost to host

6. Offline

Zombie_Striker

What version of Java do you use?

7. @Zombie_Striker im almost sure its last update beceause last time i had it updated was 3weeks ago so....

8. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@PeterXonwiiXx
    I am not asking what update you are on. I am asking what version of Java do you use.

9. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@PeterXonwiiXx Get your friend on here, let him post his entire server log using http://pastebin.com
    I am pretty sure that the plugin is compiled with java 8 and the host is running 7.
    Or he is missing dependencies.

10. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@PeterXonwiiXx
    You are using Java 8, while your friend is most likely on Java 7. That is your problem. You must use the same version of Java.

[edit]To be more specific, plugins made with Java 7 will work with servers that run on java 8, but plugins made with java 8 do not work with servers that run on java 7. He can make plugins for you, but you cant for him.

11. @Zombie_Striker he had a problem with it earlier so his host updated his server to Java 8 and are both PC's also running Java 8

12. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@PeterXonwiiXx
    And? Do you still receive any errors? What is the situation now?

13. @Zombie_Striker no errors nothing,not even a sign that the plugin exist or anything,

14. Offline

Scimiguy

To clarify, what do you mean EXACTLY by this:
    " when he runs the plugin and do a relaod/restart "

??

15. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@PeterXonwiiXx
    This most likely changes the problem from "plugin not working" to "server/host not receiving the plugin correctly". If there are no errors/no logs, then most likely the installation of the plugin is at fault/ another plugin is stopping the plugin from loaded.

16. @Scimiguy the plugin itself does not show up on his server and also nothing happens,no errors in console aswell..but for me it IS working.. :/

17. Offline

Xerox262

Are you checking for errors in the console or in the actual full log? Because there's a possibility that your console can miss the exception while it would still be logged

18. Code:
    [20:23:32] [Server thread/ERROR]: Could not load 'plugins/Vernix-Gaming.jar' in folder 'plugins'
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: me/peterxonwiixx/main/VernixGaming : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:135) ~[spigot18.jar:git-Spigot-5f38d38-12698ea]
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:329) ~[spigot18.jar:git-Spigot-5f38d38-12698ea]
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:251) [spigot18.jar:git-Spigot-5f38d38-12698ea]
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_8_R3.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:292) [spigot18.jar:git-Spigot-5f38d38-12698ea]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:198) [spigot18.jar:git-Spigot-5f38d38-12698ea]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R3.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:525) [spigot18.jar:git-Spigot-5f38d38-12698ea]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:1.7.0_79]
    Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: me/peterxonwiixx/main/VernixGaming : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_79]
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:800) ~[?:1.7.0_79]
        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142) ~[?:1.7.0_79]
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:449) ~[?:1.7.0_79]
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:71) ~[?:1.7.0_79]
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:361) ~[?:1.7.0_79]
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:355) ~[?:1.7.0_79]
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_79]
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:354) ~[?:1.7.0_79]
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:101) ~[spigot18.jar:git-Spigot-5f38d38-12698ea]
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:86) ~[spigot18.jar:git-Spigot-5f38d38-12698ea]
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:425) ~[?:1.7.0_79]
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:358) ~[?:1.7.0_79]
        at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_79]
        at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:274) ~[?:1.7.0_79]
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.<init>(PluginClassLoader.java:64) ~[spigot18.jar:git-Spigot-5f38d38-12698ea]
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:131) ~[spigot18.jar:git-Spigot-5f38d38-12698ea]
        ... 6 more

found the error

@Xerox626
    @Zombie_Striker
    @Scimiguy
    @timtower

19. Offline

Scimiguy

He's using Java 7.

timtower and Zombie_Striker like this.
  20. Offline

Xerox262

You forgot to tahg so I'll daisy chain you.
    Get them to contact their host and ask about upgrading Java, or build it with Java 7

21. where can i change mine to 7,his server is running BungeeCord with 5servers so if he has to update only for that then its gonna be shit

22. Offline

Xerox262

I only know how to do it with Eclipse, if you use a different IDE then you should search it on google.

Open eclipse> open your project> right click on something like "JRE System library 1.8" then go to buildpath and remove it > then rightclick on your project> go to build path > Add libraries > JRE System Library > Execution environment and select JavaSE 1.7

Edit: Then export, woops

23. when it try to add another Java it says i only have 8 installed,where can i find 7 and install that on my Ecplise?

thank anyway you try to help me <3

24. Offline

Xerox262

Did you follow all my steps? Because it seems like you clicked on Alternative JRE rather than execution environment

It should be called something like "JavaSE-1.7 (jre 1.8.0_60)"

25. Offline

Scimiguy

If he updates to Java 8, it'll back support everything built for 7 anyway. It won't be any problem

26. i THINK i have it now,will test later to tell you if it works or not,gonna do quick test if works thread is solved,if mnot i message you <3

You really sure about that?
    because then i will tell him to give it a try,he also uses PhPAdmin and MySQL for his server

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2015
    Xerox262 likes this.
  27. Offline

Xerox262

Yes, Java 8 can run code built on lower Java versions, same way you can build a Java 7 program with Java 8, they're all backwards compatible

28. but i made it in java 8 and he runs 7 would he able to run it?

29. Offline

Scimiguy

No
    That's why we're talking here right now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.