Plugin dev needed to help fix buggy plugin

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by |Anthony|, Jan 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

|Anthony|

I am a server owner and am using NoItem (open source on GitHub) to create a class system. Currently, NoItem causes excessive cpu usage while doing just about anything... breaking/placing blocks, scrolling through the hotbar, etc.. The author of NoItem intends to resolve the issue, but the issue still eludes him. I am asking here if a plugin developer could lend a helping hand. I'm sure this is probably a faux pas (a user asking for other developers to help fix someone else's plugin) , but the users of NoItem are desperate. I am not a java coder by any means, but i've done what i can to help trace the issue. I have posted my test results to the noitem github issue tracker hoping that the information would help locate the issue.

Thank you to all who take the time to read this.

Extra thanks to those that help :)

2. Offline

skipperguy12

I looked at the code. It's a simple plugin, not really much if a stress on a server. What other plugins do you run that with?

Try using JUST that plugin.

3. Offline

|Anthony|

Did you read the noitem github issue tracker i posted? I did run a stripped down test server, wasn't empty, but NoItem was the culprit. I think the issue is somewhere in the messenger.java file, but i'm not a java coder so i can't be sure.

4. Offline

skipperguy12

Looks okay at a quick glance. Maybe the lag is from getting it from the config repeatedly, when you could just get them all in onenable and just link the notifications to those variables. Tell the dev of no item to get on this thread, why are you posting? Its his plugin, he should be asking the community for help.

5. Offline

|Anthony|

I sent him a message. But as to why i'm posting here... The dev has some recent life events taking his time, so I'm doing what i can to try and get this opensource project in working order. I'm not a java coder, so i'm turning to the community for support :) Beyond taking a crash course in java, i'm left with trying to network to get other skilled folks involved.

6. Offline

camyono

There is nothing in the code explaining these lags. Maybe the use of another plugin in combination will lead to this?!

7. Offline

nisovin

|Anthony| I've posted a reply to the ticket you created. I'm fairly certain that's what is causing the problem.

8. Offline

|Anthony|

Thank you very much for your insights sir :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.