Plugin Count - Do you have too many?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by Nazerb, Jun 2, 2011.

?

How many plugins do you have?

1. 0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 1-5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 5-10

15.0%
  4. 10-20

5.0%
  5. 20-30

25.0%
  6. 30-40

30.0%
  7. 40+

25.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Nazerb

My question is when do you have too many plugins? Every time I look at that list there is something new I wish to add. I currently have 24 of plugins equalling 3.75 MB.

2. Offline

tom

3. Offline

Nazerb

@tom You see what i mean?

4. Offline

tom

Yeah i do want to add new ones, but with all my plugins, they somehow all work with eachother to create a nice atmosphere so i refrain from adding other plugins :p

5. Offline

Phaedrus

~80

Seems like a lot, but the whole point of plugins is that have many small pieces of functionality that can work together.

I'd rather have 80 small plugins than 10 massive ones that try to do everything.

6. Offline

Nazerb

That is a good point. But then again that is 80 checks on permissions instead of one of example.

7. Offline

chronopolis

I have over 9000...

Nazerb likes this.
  8. Offline

MCAndi

9. Offline

Phaedrus

That's an oversimplification of how it works though. If you look at the plugin list on my server thread from my sig you'll see that a lot of the plugins are passive things that modify a small portion of how the game works. There are probably only a handful of plugins that are really demanding with their overhead.

10. Offline

Nazerb

your sig contains nothing my dear

11. Offline

Phaedrus

See my earlier post. The forum only puts your sig once per page to keep the clutter down.

12. Offline

Orcem12

Well I think it all depends on whether or not you are having fun with your bukkit server, the last time I checked Bukkit is about sharing your creative ideas with a modding community. I see nothing wrong with running more the average plugins as long as you are having tons of fun :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.