Plugin coding easyer for Hmod?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by lpjz2, Feb 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

lpjz2

Before bukkit was announced i started to learn to code plugins for Hmod, and i took to it pritty well and to be honest it wasnt that hard. however iv dedided to learn to make bukkit plugins and it seems COMPLEATLY differant and in my oppinion way harder. Wasnt one of the features of bukkit to make coding easy? or will it ever change, i understand its in early development so if there is something i have missed please say so.

2. Offline

Byteflux

I've never written anything for Hmod, but Bukkit is dead easy. I come with a lack of Java experience as well, mostly 9 years in interpreted languages.

I think if there's any difficulty writing plugins for Bukkit, it's that there isn't enough API usage documentation. I think a competent developer will find their way through the API docs and forums and accomplish what they want with relative ease.

Source:
    Wrote a handful of Bukkit plugins

3. Offline

Valrix

@Byteflux I agree with you. Bukkit is quite easy to work with and is actually what got me to learn Java. I didn't have a change to code for hmod, but I don't find it much harder than other languages I've programmed in and my experience is less than 5 years, even with PHP which was my first language. If there's something that seems difficult, please do tell.

4. Offline

mindless728

I did plugins for hMod as well before bukkit, though i wouldn't call it harder, just different

5. Offline

Mixcoatl

There are some different bits. In my humble opinion, the Bukkit API is much more regular and definitely more intuitive. The only frustrating part is sometimes having to wait or work around a feature you need that hasn't made it into the latest snapshot.

6. Offline

lpjz2

i guess you guys are right, its just a bit differant!

7. Offline

PrivateAlpha

ps: when they said the source code is helpful they aint joking!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.