Plug.DJNowPlaying

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by BradleyFlorence, Feb 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

BradleyFlorence

Plugin Category: Music

Suggested Name: Plug.DJNowPlaying

What I want: This plugin would connect to the Plug.Dj community website and see what song is playing on your Plug.DJ community(Configurable by config) Everytime the song would change it would broadcast to the server what song is playing. It may also give a link to your community to go to it. Another thing that would be cool is maybe say who is djing. If you have experience with Plug.DJ you may be able to think of some more Ideas for this plugin.

Ideas for Commands: I don't care.

Ideas for Permissions: I don't care.

When I'd like it by: 2-3 Days from now.

Thanks!!!

2. Offline

Regablith

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  3. Offline

BradleyFlorence

If you could that would be Great! Somebody else tried to do it but failed and said I would need a bot. Any way you could get some free time and do this for me? This plugin would probably gain more popularity then Essentials xD

4. Offline

Invisimine

maybe ill attempt
    =)

5. Offline

BradleyFlorence

Oooh Thank you!

6. Offline

Invisimine

But I don't have experience with Plug.DJ. I'm looking over the api and it doesn't seem like it's going to be hard. Can you maybe tell me what it is/does and how it works. Thanks!

7. Offline

BradleyFlorence

Sure, First let me gove you dome info on Plug.DJ.
    Plug.DJ is a Community Music Sharing Site that people can make a playlist of songs from Youtube or SongCloud and Others can join in and Dj Using there Playlist. Anybody Level 4 and up can Create a Playlist. What I would like this to do is Broadcast to the Server after another song is played What song is playing and link to click to go to it. Another thing that would be cool is it showing who is Djing in that Broadcast.

8. Offline

Invisimine

Do you know here can I get the api, as I don't see any download links on the support page.

EDIT: nvm

9. Offline

BradleyFlorence

Sorry it took so long.. I think I was able to find it if you didn't already... Try this link..:https://github.com/plugCubed/plugAPI also will this plugin require a Bot that would require my pc to be running 24/7?

10. Offline

Invisimine

@BradleyFlorence Shouldn't your computer (server) should be running 24/7 anyways if your server is up?

11. Offline

BradleyFlorence

No, its not.

Is there anyway you could do this WITHOUT the use of a bot? Maybe adding a Chrome Extension or something of the matter to go in and read this?

EDIT by Timtower: merged posts

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2015
  12. Offline

Invisimine

Ok I don't understand what you want. If you want a plugin that broadcasts the song playing to your server, then this will be a bukkit plugin that goes in the plugins folder on your server. This means that as long as the server is up the plugin is working and checking for a new song. You are making no sense by asking for me to make it so that it's broadcasting the message to the server even if your pc is off, cause if your pc is off, SO IS YOUR SERVER. (unless you have an actual server and not using ur pc, if that's the case then the plugin is on your server so ya.) And chrome extension? that would not only require you having your computer on, but having chrome open 24/7. As far as I know, there is no way to do this without a bot checking for a new song, ond I am positive that there is no way at all for the plugin to work when your computers off, because then the server is also offline and umm I can't really make ur computer do something if theres no electricity in it. xD Sorry I'm no magician.

13. Offline

BradleyFlorence

xD If my pc is off why would MY SERVER be off? My server is not home hosted... Its hosted on servers somewhere else that are online 24/7

14. Offline

Invisimine

Ok then the plugin is on the servers. It doesn't matter if ur pc is off or not.

15. Offline

BradleyFlorence

Like you said, "its a real server" that I pay for each month lol.

Well now that you know what type of server Im running is this plugin still possible?

EDIT by Timtower: merged posts

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2015
  16. Offline

Invisimine

Yes because the plugin will be on your server and if I'm understanding correctly then this is how it will work:
    1) The plugin will listen to your playlist on plug.dj
    2) Whenever the song name changes, it will broadcast it to the server.

So yes it is a bot, but the bot is on the server not on your computer so you can turn your pc off.
    Also what host are you using, so that I can understand better. Are you using a vps or dedicated server or are you using a dedicated minecraft hosting company like https://mcprohosting.com/?

17. Offline

BradleyFlorence

18. Offline

Invisimine

My plugin will work as long as you can drag a .jar file into the plugins folder in your Bukkit server files.

19. Offline

BradleyFlorence

Have you already coded the plugin? Or are you just now starting?

20. Offline

Invisimine

Just starting. Sorry I wish I could make it this fast, but I can't lol. Don't expect it to be done today. I can tell you for sure it won't

21. Offline

BradleyFlorence

Don't be sorry and Yeah, I know. Take your time coding is a process and will take a bit to do:) but thanks for doing this for me! Im pretty sure many people will enjoy this Plugin.

22. Offline

BradleyFlorence

BUMP

This plugin has still not been made...

23. Offline

BradleyFlorence

BUMP

Is anybody going to make this plugin?

Everybody who said they were going to do it never did...

Somebody Just Started working on this Plugin. Thanks!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2016
  24. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

25. Offline

BradleyFlorence

Yeah somebody messaged me and Started working on it.

26. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

I asked who, not how though.
    Locked as this thread isn't needed anymore. If you think differently: report this post.
    Make sure not to get scammed.

TGRHavoc, GrandmaJam and bwfcwalshy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.