PlotMe Help

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Otisdiver, Mar 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Otisdiver

I need help.

I tried adding a new world to my PlotMe config file (apparently, a bad idea) and then the config got reset to default. I changed it back to my old config but now the plot coordinates are offset. I know how to edit the plots.db but.. I don't know what all the fields mean. I would greatly appreciate help.

It's nasty..

2. Offline

LandonTheGeek

Otisdiver
    Can you show us exactly what you are trying to add and an example of your files?
    Also, you seem to be having the 'file overwriting itself' issue. Make sure to /stop your server before editing the files that seem to be overwriting themselves, then you can go ahead and start the server back up. That should help.

3. Offline

Otisdiver

Well that's not exactly the problem. The problem is after the file reset, PlotMe recorded the regions wrong so now players can't build on their whole plots, and can build on some of the roads. :/

4. Offline

LandonTheGeek

Otisdiver
    Try reseting the file and starting it back over again. There is no way to recover messed up coordinates unless you have made a backup.

5. Offline

Otisdiver

HelpfulBeast
    I changed the configuration file back to how it was but the problem remained

6. Offline

LandonTheGeek

Otisdiver
    Delete the PlotMe folder completely.

7. Offline

Otisdiver

8. Offline

LandonTheGeek

Otisdiver
    It would give the plotme world a clean start. There is no other way to try to track the coordinates down easily.

9. Offline

Otisdiver

HelpfulBeast
    hm. well the thing is, I already have over 256 used plots- I don't think the players would appreciate their plots being wiped.

10. Offline

LandonTheGeek

Otisdiver
    Ouch :( I don't seem to understand what you mean by "recording the wrong regions".

11. Offline

Otisdiver

HelpfulBeast
    basically PlotMe lets users build inside their own plot(s) and nowhere else
    but now the area it's letting users build is offset- so they can build places they aren't supposed to, and can't in places they're supposed to.

12. Offline

LandonTheGeek

Otisdiver
    Yeah, I do happen to know what it does, as I have used it before :)
    That isn't a good sign for you, I did a little research and didn't find anything positive.

13. Offline

Otisdiver

HelpfulBeast
    It'd be nice if PlotMe had some sort of import feature- could use that to fix it. Hm.

I might have to go make-a-new-world-and-transfer-builds-for-players-if-requested *dun dun dun*

14. Offline

LandonTheGeek

Otisdiver
    That's what I recommend :( It's gonna take a while if I were to say, but it is probably your only option.

15. Offline

lecraeman

oh dear...this just seems bad >.>

Are you using an online host? I know some of them keep backups...and you could grab the file from before it was messed up...

16. Offline

LandonTheGeek

lecraeman
    I hosted my server on an online host, yes. But unfortunately I had to make manual backups.

17. Offline

lecraeman

Oh man that sucks :(

I am using prominecrafthost, and It's a bit more expensive, but I get 7 days of backups I can get anytime, and I have FREE DDoS protection(Although new users don't get that).

HelpfulBeast

When there was that bug in 1.6 where people could log in as anyone onto a server...mine got hacked and destroyed. Those backups came in EXTREMELY handy :D

HelpfulBeast likes this.
  18. Offline

Otisdiver

I wish I made a back-up. The worst part is I considered it, but then told myself
    "Nah, it'll be fine."

lesson learned...

HelpfulBeast likes this.
  19. Offline

Bobcat00

Double check you have the following set correctly in Plotme's config:

PathWidth
    PlotSize
    RoadHeight

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.