Plot [Add/Remove/Transfer]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Station97, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Offline

Station97

Plugin category: Region

Suggested name: Plotter

What I want: I run a prison server where the "prisoners" can buy plots using SimpleRegionMarket. Players will want to be able to add/remove players from their plot as well as sell it. Currently admins will need to find the region id add/remove members and owners. We don't have time to do all that. That is why I want this plugin. It will allow the players to do it themselves.

Ideas for commands: /plot - gives commands related to plugin
    /plot info - lists owner and members of the plot they are standing on
    /plot transfer [Player] - gives that player owner of the plot/region and removes all members
    /plot add [Player] - adds player to the member of the region
    /plot remove [Player] - removes player from the member list and plot (can't build on the region)
    NOTE: Only the player owner should be allowed to use the /plot add, /plot transfer, and plot remove commands. Also, it gathers info on the plot from where the player is standing

Ideas for permissions: plot.use - allows use of all the commands (if owner of plot on the transfer/add/remove)
    When I'd like it by: Two weeks from now

Thank you very much!
    P.S. I use WorldGuard

2. Offline

LaxWasHere

PlotMe

seiterseiter1 likes this.
  3. Offline

Station97

No, that does not have what i need

Bump Bump

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2016
  4. Offline

ZachBora

I get a lot of requests on plotme so i might not have seen yours. What would need to be added or changed in plotme to suit your needs?

5. Offline

Station97

I was kinda hoping for an individual plugin from this

6. Offline

ZachBora

The community is lucky that I released PlotMe for free. Prior, there was only 1 payed plugin and a couple of broken/simplistic plugins. Some people released plugins after me of course.

7. Offline

Station97

see i need something that works with worldguard that are already pre determined

8. Offline

ZachBora

I've seen at least 2 that use worldguard regions. Just get on dev.bukkit.org and search "plot"

9. Offline

Station97

*sigh* none of them have what i am looking for

10. Offline

ZachBora

Only one solution left, learn java.

11. Offline

Station97

that (which I am currently trying to do) and if a really nice coder wants to make this

and dev team would be nice

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

12. Offline

Station97

Can anyone help?

13. Offline

RingOfStorms

Plot Me looks fine, there is no reason someone to make you your own special little plugin when there is a very well made and extensive plugin made already. It's practically copying his work, and is frowned upon by most.

Plot Me has every feature you wanted, just just install it and configure it to your needs.

14. Offline

Station97

I need it to work with World Guard. It says in the request. PlotMe Does not work with worldGuard

15. Offline

rguz10

SimpleRegionMarket?

16. Offline

Station97

Yes thats a good one but i need one with commands not just signs

Anyone want to help?

17. Offline

rguz10

Oh ok. I am on the look for a plugin like this. Sorry I don't know java enough just to make it for you.

18. Offline

Station97

thanks if you find one please let me know

19. Offline

Station97

please help.

20. Offline

Skye

If it's the time administrators have to take to add/remove members to and from regions, why don't you just give normal players the permissions to use the WorldGuard wand and add/remove members from their own plots?

"worldguard.region.wand" for the wand, "worldguard.region.addmember.own.*" to add members, and "worldguard.region.removemember.own.*" to remove members. So they can use the wand to identify the region, "/rg addmember <region> <player>" to add members, and "/rg removemember <region> <player>" to remove. You could even alias the entire command to one word like "/addmember" and "/removemember". That way, you can keep using SRM, and your administrators don't have to add/remove members.

XanderCrews01 likes this.
  21. Offline

Station97

hmm couldnt they just add players to other plots? And i kinda wanted a separate plugin but this could work thank you but again with the adding other players to not their own plots
    Also I want them to be able to sell their plots not just add members

22. Offline

Skye

That "own" part to the permission means they can only add/remove members to their own plots. If you want them to be able to sell, you could also give them the permission to sell plots from SRM. SRM is designed to only allow OPs or owners of the region to create [sell] signs.

23. Offline

Station97

hmm idk.. we will see

24. Offline

Station97

Someone Please Help

25. Offline

RingOfStorms

Honestly there are so many alternatives and different ways you can do this. No one is going to make you entirely new protection plots system because you didn't like their way another one works. There are plenty of ways you can implement another plugin with signs, or whatever. If not you'll probably have to wait a very long time.

26. Offline

XanderCrews01

This. WG has the ability to do what you want.