Solved Playing Sounds

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by AaronL98, Jun 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

AaronL98

Hey, I just started creating bukkit plugins today and I'd say I'm doing great! Though I need help on something. I know how to play sounds to a player, "player.playsound(loc, sound.(name), 1, 10);"
    But i don't know and would like to know how to play a sound in a radius. What I'm trying to create is when i right click the hoe it shoots a snowball (DONE) and play a sound to the player, maybe a gunshot noise (DONE) but I'd like other players to hear the gunshots who are in the vicinity (btw im using sound ENDERDRAGON_HIT) Isthere a way i can allow other players to hear the gunshots within the vacinity and the farther away they got the lower the sound went? Heres my code:
    Code:java
    1. player.playSound(loc, Sound.ENDERDRAGON_HIT, 1, 10);

2. Offline

Ivan

3. Offline

AaronL98

Would that require any more arguments for a radius or does it work automatically depending on the volume?

4. Offline

Ivan

Works automatically depending on the volume.

5. Offline

AaronL98

Plus how would i create the world variable cause world is introducing errors. As i said, I'm kinda new :l

World world = what now :p

6. Offline

Ivan

plugin.getServer().getWorld("worldname");

7. Offline

minoneer

The world, you want to play the sound in. I.E. player.getLocation().getWorld()

8. Offline

Garris0n

That's generally a bad way to do it, in this case player.getWorld() would be the best, but I don't recommend ever using getWorld("worldname") unless you're loading from a config file...you probably know this but I'm making sure OP does.

Hoolean likes this.
  9. Offline

AaronL98

Im getting errors on world.getWorld(); when using
    1. World world = player.getWorld();

Its giving me a quick fix for "Change type of 'world' to 'CraftWorld'"

10. Offline

Zaane

Whole code please?

11. Offline

AaronL98

Solved:
    1. player.getWorld().playSound(loc, Sound.ENDERDRAGON_HIT, 1, 10);

12. Offline

Hoolean

AaronL98

Make sure you added bukkit.jar to your build-path when making the project on Eclipse, not craftbukkit.jar (there is a difference :p)

EDIT: Nevermind, you posted while I was typing (ninja'd ;))

13. Offline

AaronL98

I've solved the puzzle :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.