Solved players.yml

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by 2008Choco, Apr 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

2008Choco

I'm trying to challenge myself to make a bit more of a complicated plugin involving multiple config files. But, clearly since I'm here making this post, you can tell I'm not doing very well :p

My purpose is to attempt something similar to the way bPermissions stores their players information. player.yml files. Basically, when a player logs in, their UUID is stored in a players.yml file and can be used for another purpose later. But the one issue I'm having, is that I've never figured out how to use multiple yml files, or how to even name it something other than config.yml for that matter. If someone could explain to me how multiple yml files work? That would be amazing.

2. Offline

I Al Istannen

3. Offline

nverdier

@2008Choco If you want an easy way to have multiple Configs, you could use the Configs class of EnviousAPI. Link in my signature.

4. Offline

2008Choco

@nverdier
    I plan on publishing this plugin to BukkitDev. I didn't read your Copyright claims on that Lib. Would it be alright if I attempted to use your Lib and credited you in the BukkitDev. post? Or perhaps even have you on the list of creators?
    (That is if I do decide to use the EnviousAPI)

If eventually I figure this out of my own, I'll remove EnviousAPI and use my own code instead. (But would still credit you for the kickstart ;))

5. Offline

nverdier

@2008Choco You don't have to credit me ;3 Just use it, I'm fine with that.

2008Choco likes this.
  6. Offline

2008Choco

@nverdier
    I feel like I should anyway just because I'm using someone else's work. Alright, well thanks for the quick responses. Also thanks to @I Al Istannen, that link helped a bit as well
    :) Appreciate the fast responses

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.