Players not taking damage and lag

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by KevinEssence, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

KevinEssence

Hello all, anyone else experiencing this issue? I get no errors, I also tried it in Vanilla with Craftbukkit and still there.

What's still there?
    When players get hit they sometimes don't take damage and if they get killed there is a 1-2 second lag spike every time someone dies. It's not just one server it's all 8 of my servers. I use Multicraft and I'm hoping it's just the beta build.

2. Offline

matthiasvd2

I dont have that bug,
    Maby you are right and is it you Multicraft plugin.

3. Offline

KevinEssence

Well Multicraft is used to run all the servers, which was installed once I moved over to the dedicated box. I'm not understanding how the client I use to run the servers can be affecting this.

4. Offline

matthiasvd2

Did you use the Beat or dev build of Bukkit?

5. Offline

KevinEssence

Both.

6. Offline

matthiasvd2

Ah do you mean you alredy tried to use a other version?
    Then it is a plugin issue

7. Offline

KevinEssence

I've tried both yes. The plugins are all different on each server, and I've removed them all and ran it in Vanilla with bukkit and the issue still was there. Multicraft can most likely be the only issue, I just don't know for sure yet.

8. Offline

matthiasvd2

Wait,
    Can you just put the beta version in a new folder, run it again.
    Change the config to the one you like. Copy the maps ect and plugins.

Because i had once a bug (kinda the same) that you kill some one by one hit :confused: and i fixed that way

(just try it)

9. Offline

KevinEssence

I just tested some things, I'm almost 99.9% sure it's Multicraft.

10. Offline

drtshock

What makes you think that?

By trying in vanilla you mean you did it without any plugins and with the minecraft_server.jar? If not then it is most likely a plugin that handles the respawn event or death event.

11. Offline

KevinEssence

Yes. It's fine I'll be moving back host, tested the same exact servers with same exact plugins just different control panels on both host and the one without Multicraft worked perfect, did it with a few others to verify that it was indeed better.

12. Offline

Symbiosis

Lag could be caused by the usage of too many plugins. Players might not be dying because your plugins could be "attacking" each other meaning broadcast signals are ricocheting everywhere (also could be causing lag). I would recommend taking away any unnecessary plugins and checking to see if commands or even a plugin itself shares or interrupts a signal from another plugin.

I hope this helped,

Symbiosis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.