Filled Player Profiles

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Maxipan, Aug 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Maxipan

Suggested name: PlayerProfiles

What I want: I think it would be neat to have a plugin that lets you have profiles for players. The profiles would keep track of things such as: Balance, rank(s), time played, last seen or time online (like /seen from essentials), afk true or false and maybe a towny support to see the town status of that player.

A nice feature would be a friends list (I know this already exists but it could be within the plugin) that can also be shown in the profile page of a player

Ideas for commands: /profile <player>, /friend add <player>, /friend remove <player>, /friend list, /friend list <player>

Ideas for permissions:
    • playerprofiles.profile (access to /profile command)
    • playerprofiles.profile.others (access to /profile <player>)
    • playerprofiles.friend.add (can add friends)
    • playerprofiles.friend.remove (can remove friends)
    • playerprofiles.friend.list (can view friends list)
    • playerprofiles.friend.list.others (can view other players' friends)

2. Maxipan Looking into it. May not be able to add the total time played at first, but I'll see what I can do

3. Offline

Maxipan

Awesome! I'd love to see this plugin being made :D

4. Offline

Maxipan

Another idea I had is that if a player looks up another player in his town with /profile, it would show a bit more detail about his/her town. For example: Plots owned, town rank, date joined (of the town)

5. Offline

excusemyluck

Currently I have a friends plugin that i made not too long ago! The file is approved yet but it's not bad, trust me :p I may add a profile feature tho!

6. Offline

Maxipan

That would be amazing! :)

7. Offline

Maxipan

I had a few extra ideas: Date joined, total time online

8. Offline

Maxipan

Bump.

9. Offline

CGA1123

Maxipan
    Ill see if i can do this!

10. Offline

Maxipan

Yay! Thank you!

CGA1123 likes this.
  11. Offline

CGA1123

Maxipan
    Ok made quite a lot of progress, but im going to sleep will continue tomorrow if i have time.
    Also, are you using essentials for the afk?
    And on the profile i was thinking of only showing the number of friends that a player has, as it might get crowded and look bad if there are a lot of names there.

12. Offline

master257

Just to throw it out there, quite easy to track pretty much every aspect of a player! I made a plugin for fun that tracks pretty much every statistic to add it to a central database for some front-end statistics - pretty nifty to be able to see :)

13. Offline

MrEditor97

I will give this a go. Might as well give it a try, since I have plenty of time in the next couple of days.

- How do you want the Profile to be displayed? In an inventory? In text (Chat) etc?

14. Offline

Maxipan

Yes, I use essentials for the /afk, and the number of friends is a good idea!

I was thinking as a text, the reason I'm requesting this plugin is I've seen it on another server (but theirs is custom made) and I quite liked the way they did it. Here's an example of what I have in mind:
    http://i.imgur.com/kfrhIIJ.png

What I liked about it is that the text was both on the left and right to save space.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  15. Offline

CGA1123

Maxipan

For the friends, should there be a way to accept/deny requests?

16. Offline

Maxipan

Yes, that would be good! Maybe something like /friend accept <player> and /friend deny <player>

17. Offline

CGA1123

Maxipan
    Ok, <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>
    The profile is basically done apart from the AFK part, ill need to look into hooking into essentials for that.
    Afk should work, will show "AFK" to the right of the Online(TIME) if player is AFK.
    The format can easily be changed just ask me.

The whole friends part may be very buggy, so please experiment with it thoroughly!

Commands:
    /pp - Show your player profile
    /pp <Player> - show other player profile
    /friends add <player> - send request to <player>
    /friends remove <player> - remover player from friends
    /friends accept <player> - accept request from player
    /friends deny <player> - deny request from player
    /friends list - view friends
    /friends list <player> - view other friends list
    /friends reqs - view requests
    Permissions:
    pp.profile
    pp.profile.others

pp.friends.add

pp.friends.remove

pp.friends.list

pp.friends.list.others

EDIT:
    Forgot about the 'first joined' part, will add it when i get back from training.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2016
  18. Offline

Maxipan

[quote uid=63681 name="CGA1123" post=2791196]Maxipan
    Ok, <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>
    The profile is basically done apart from the AFK part, ill need to look into hooking into essentials for that.
    Afk should work, will show "AFK" to the right of the Online(TIME) if player is AFK.
    The format can easily be changed just ask me.

The whole friends part may be very buggy, so please experiment with it thoroughly!

Commands:
    /pp - Show your player profile
    /pp <Player> - show other player profile
    /friends add <player> - send request to <player>
    /friends remove <player> - remover player from friends
    /friends accept <player> - accept request from player
    /friends deny <player> - deny request from player
    /friends list - view friends
    /friends list <player> - view other friends list
    /friends reqs - view requests
    Permissions:
    pp.profile
    pp.profile.others

pp.friends.add

pp.friends.remove

pp.friends.list

pp.friends.list.others

EDIT:
    Forgot about the 'first joined' part, will add it when i get back from training.[/quote]

Awesome! Love it! Just a few things!

1. /pp <player> and /pp help give me internal error for some reason (I run Spigot build 1637) This is the error log: http://pastebin.com/jMfZk2TW

2. It would be nice to have /profile as an alias for /pp

3. I have a prefix and color system on my server so it would be amazing if you could add a language file!

4. in /friends list it displays the header twice and it says "You have one new friend request" but it doesn't say by who.

Other than those few tiny tweaks I love the plugin! Keep up the good work :D

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2016
  19. Offline

mrCookieSlime

Maxipan
    Spigot isnt supported here. (Just a friendly reminder)

20. Offline

Maxipan

Oh, didn't know, sorry.

[EDIT] Now, after a relog, even /pp is giving me the internal error.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  21. Offline

JaguarJo

Locked. These forums can only provide support for CraftBukkit servers. When using other server software such as Spigot, please seek support from the makers of that software.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.