Filled Player Ping

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Josh15390, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Offline

Josh15390

Suggested name: Player Ping

What I want: I'd like a plugin that when the command "/ping" is done, it shows the players ping. For example, if I were to type /ping, I'd like it to come up with (also add the colour codes I mention): &6Your ping to the server is &a(Ping) &6ms
    Also, I'd like a command that when "/ping (PLAYER)" is done, you can see the connection of other players. So for example, if I wanted to know the ping of Josh15390, I'd type /ping Josh15390. I'd like the message to be (with the colour codes): &7(PLAYER)&6's ping to the server is &a(Ping) &6ms

Ideas for commands: /ping and /ping (PLAYER)

Ideas for permissions: No permissions are needed as I want everyone to be able to use this command.

When I'd like it by: ASAP

Thanks for reading!

2. Offline

MadusU

I think this would require some client side stuff. So not possible with vanilla launcher. Correct me if I am wrong.

3. Offline

Zix

Working on this now

Here you are: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hzahvq2m4juvrnq/PlayerPing1.0.0.jar
    I have not tested pinging other players, because none of my friends that can help are awake so if you encounter any problems just tell me. Pinging yourself works 100% though

Also its for Bukkit 1.7.5, I can update it if you like

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2016
  4. Offline

Josh15390

EDIT: I fixed /ping, but /ping (player) doesnt work. It doesnt show anything in chat, not even an error

5. Offline

Zix

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2016
  6. Offline

Josh15390

7. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Or not and let him choose if he makes something

Jaaakee224 likes this.
  8. Offline

Blades_

Love this, perfect for PvP servers

9. Offline

Josh15390

It wasnt meant like that :p

10. Offline

fefe2008

Zix
    /ping is broken
    And when you try to ping a offline player it gives an internal error.
    Please add a configuration for messages + colors
    Bukkit doesnt have a lot of Ping Plugins so please keep this up to date.

11. Offline

Zix

Allright, ill work on this :D

12. Offline

fefe2008

Zix
    Thanks man I hope my Message wasn't harsh or so because i didnt want it to be like that :p
    Should have added some Smileys :D

EDIT: OMG i just saw your other plugin drying fields!!! Something like that was my first thought when hardened clay came out :D That's just awesome!

13. Offline

Zix

14. Offline

fefe2008

Zix
    Wow thanks alot :)
    I bet its gonna get Popular ! Good luck!

15. Offline

Zix

16. Offline

fefe2008

Zix
    Excellent thanks alot! You should definately Post this on dev! :)

EDIT: If you type ping in the console you get an error :0

EDIT2: The Message you get when you do /ping is not editable

Please fix these too little bugs ! Thanks!

17. Offline

RickyBGamez

fefe2008 Just letting you know (Don't even have to look at mine if you don't want to) my GiveMeInfo plugin has everything you wanted here, plus it tells you much more about the server. The new update with the working ping command is waiting approval so check it out if you want to!

18. Offline

vidhu

You'll need client sided stuff, if you are measuring the ping from player to server and back. (player->server->player)

But you could also do (server->player->server) which wont require client sided stuff

19. Offline

fefe2008

RickyBGamez
    Yeah i have seen this before but the amount of Information is too overkill for me :)
    I'm just looking for a lightweight version of everything because I run my Server on a SSD and I dont wanna flood id with features i will never use but Thank you for suggesting it!

20. Offline

Zix

21. Offline

fefe2008

Ok Thanks ill let you no if any errors occure so we can track all bugs down!
    Thanks for your awesome work!

EDIT:
    Was fun doing this together with you!! Thanks again!!