Player Location, not plug-in necessarily

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by fred_dot_u, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Offline

fred_dot_u

I don't think this would be called a plug-in, since my objective is a piece of client-side code, but it's important that it works with servers and not interfere with anything on that side of the system.

It has been suggested that this forum contains some of the best brains on the planet and one of them might have an answer. Even if the answer is that it cannot be done, it's still an answer of value.

I've read the FAQs and searched for various related terms, but come up empty.

I'm hoping that someone can tell me (and perhaps create the code) to run on the client-side to collect player coordinates during a game. Ideally, it would be somewhat flexible in that the user could select an interval to grab the coordinates, or perhaps allow for a keypress to execute the grab.

It has been suggested that there is a command line option for the launcher, but my searches there have yielded nothing of the sort.

My primary purpose is to be able to take the text file generated by the above-described code, "dump" it into a graphics program and create specific models of the located space. The latter part would not be a concern in this code, as the text file would be simple three-part data lines, x, y, z.

I think of it as being akin to a surveying program of sorts.

What do the collective minds of this forum think about this?