Player has joined the game-message per GROUP!

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by o0Julia0o, Jun 2, 2013.

1. hi :)

it would be nice, it the playerjoin, left, deadmessage will be a message wich is configurable per group. So everyone on the server will see the message, but if the player is in Group: Admin, there will be an other message, like if the player is in group: Member

The groups would be defined in a config of the plugin:
    groups.config:
    Code:
    ADMIN:
    Adminplayer1
    Adminplayer2

MEMBER:
    MESSAGER: Hello %PLAYERNAME%, a member has joined the game.
    Memberplayer1
    Memberplayer2

f.e.:
    if now Adminplayer1 joins the game, there will be the following message:
    "Hello, a admin has joined the game."

if Memberplayer1 joines the game, there will be the followin message:
    "Hello Memberplayer1, a member has joined the game."

thx

Julia

2. Offline

bradicaljh

Did you want the original message to still get sent, and the group message to just be additional?

What I mean is the normal message, for example "bradicaljh joined the game." but additionally a custom message will be sent to the group I'm in? If so this is an easy one, I'll code it up for ya. :)

3. thx, bradicaljh (complicated name), i won´t have the original message, only the group-message. But better additional, than no group message :) The best would be an option.

wow, thx a lot. i hoped to find someone who knows an existing plugin which can do that.. but wow - thx, nice :)

thx again

Julia :)

4. Offline

tanveergt5

what I want is to completely disable join/leave messages but i cant find it

5. Offline

bradicaljh

I'll see what I can do

tanveergt5
    I'm going to start work on this plugin shortly, what you need shouldn't be a problem and will be achievable with the plugin I'm making. :)

o0Julia0o

I don't really wanna make a plugin if it already exists, so I did a quick search and maybe this is what you are looking for? http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-mods/sk8erjoinmessage/

Here is the config example http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-mods/sk8erjoinmessage/pages/main/example-config/

Let me know what you think.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2016
  6. ergh, I can make a real simple one, the message is configurable, but the message have a permission
    ergh nvm, what bradicaljh said l;
    Ninja'd ;o

7. Offline

bradicaljh

InspectorFacepalm
    Yeah haha it's not difficult to make, I'm just saying if the one I linked does exactly what she wants, there's no need to make a plugin that exists :p

InspectorFacepalm likes this.
  8. yappp, eggggsactly