Player Drinking Event?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by zachoooo, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

zachoooo

How do you get when a player drinks a water bottle?

FoodLevelChange doesn't work because drinking water doesnt change your hunger

2. Offline

RainoBoy97

PlayerInteractEvent > Check item in hand and action

3. Offline

zachoooo

that does it right away though, I want it after you finish

4. Offline

Terradominik

i think the only way is to start a schedular there and check if they have drunk it after like 10 or 30 seconds and than start what ever you want to do

5. Offline

zachoooo

Tried this. Its possible to throw the glass bottle or switch it slots in time to avoid the items destruction

6. Offline

Terradominik

make two scheduler, on loop which checks every tick if the bottle is still in the handslot and a other one which goes till the bottle is empty

7. Offline

RainoBoy97

Check if they have the water bottle in hand, and if the action is right click, then check if the bottle went to an empty bottle.

8. Offline

fireblast709

make the waterbottle instadrink. That is the only solid solution I know to prevent the bypass

9. Offline

caxco93

PlayerInteractEvent, action right click, iteminhand water bottle, after the time it takes to drink water bottle, check if iteminhand bottle

10. Offline

fireblast709

*starts drinking and switches to empty bottle*

zachoooo likes this.
  11. Offline

RainoBoy97

shhhhhhhh

12. Offline

Rprrr

If you do what caxco93 said and if you check for added potions effects.. it's possible. ;)

13. Offline

fireblast709

Rprrr then what about water bottles ;3

14. Offline

zachoooo

There are too many possible problems with this, I wish they would just add a player consume event or something like that

15. Offline

Rprrr

fireblast709
    Yea, that's a problem. :l :s
    Indeed, a consume event would be nice, but I'm not sure if it's actually possible.

16. Offline

fireblast709

Yes it is possible. It would require a count of water bottles before and afterwards. And you need to log when a player drops a waterbottle, picks one up and interacts with chests

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.