Filled Player Description

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Y1ght, Mar 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Y1ght

Plugin category: Roleplay

Minecraft version: 1.13

Suggested name: Player-Descriptions

What I want: Basic description plugin, when you go up to a player and right click them, it'd show a description, well their description. Right clicking a player shows their description, if there is none it'd say [No Player Description Set...] or, if they have one it'll be [Description Here] with the description here being replaced with the players description. I'd like color support please, but color support is a special permission so not all players can use color support. I'd like it where you'd type /viewdesc it'd view your own description. /setdesc to set your player description. No max amount of characters you can have, just basic minecraft limitation. for staff I'd like it where they can type /descremove username to remove a desc, and set it to the default one, [No Player Description Set...] and /setdesc [blank] it'd set it to default.

Better formated -

Ideas for commands: /setdesc - Set's the players description | /viewdesc - view's your own player description. | /descremove - Removes the description of a player. | Right Click Player - Shows players description with format &7[&RDescriptionHere&7] This applies to all the menus like that please.

Ideas for permissions: desc.remove - Only for staff. | Rest are all for global use.

When I'd like it by: This weekend please.

(I had something else requested something similar but with more stuff, I'm going to do it separately and the other guy that said he'd do it for me was last online last month on the fourth.)

2. Offline

KarimAKL

@Y1ght Would you like to be able to set multiple lines in the description? If so how would you do it? One idea could be doing '/setdesc' as kind of a toggle where you do '/setdesc' then it's enabled so when you send a message in chat it'll be added to your description as one line, then you can send another message to set line 2 etc, then do '/setdesc' again to save.

3. Offline

Y1ght

@KarimAKL I'd like it where it doesn't toggle, because there'll probably be a lot of kids that are dumb, no offense but it'd be easier for some people just to do /setdesc thentypehere, all in one thing, thanks for the idea though!

4. Offline

KarimAKL

@Y1ght Okay but that still doesn't answer if you wanted multiple lines or not. :p And if you do want it then how?

5. Offline

Y1ght

@KarimAKL it's just all in one line, I'll do an example of how i'd do it. /setdesc Name: something idk | Height: 7'2 | Likes: long walks on the beach. It's just all in one sentence or all in one command, so no multiple lines please.

Here's an example I made with color codes :p
    No Description : https://imgur.com/a/n5MSDXJ

And how it'd look like.
    Description : [​IMG]https://imgur.com/p2Ea1iu
    I tried posting a picture normally, but it didn't work.

6. Offline

KarimAKL

@Y1ght Okay, i'll try it when i have time. :) (Shouldn't be too long)

7. Offline

KarimAKL

@Y1ght 2 questions.
    1. How would you like it displayed when you view a description? (either by right clicking a player or using "/viewdesc")
    2. You said you wanted a "special permission" to use colors in your description, what should that permission be?

8. Offline

Y1ght

9. Offline

alnoise

@KarimAKL any way you could also make it compatible with 1.8.8? @Y1ght is a genius for coming up with this idea I absolutely love it.

10. Offline

KarimAKL

@Y1ght Okay so you would like it to say this? (Just making sure it's correct)
    @alnoise I've never tried to make a plugin compatible with multiple versions (not on purpose), so i don't know how, i can test the finished plugin on 1.8.8 aswell and if it doesn't work i'll copy the project and make it so i works for 1.8.8 aswell.

11. Offline

Y1ght

@KarimAKL
    no, remove the player-name, just make the "Character Description: [{description}]" pop up when you right click please.

12. Offline

alnoise

you're fantastic, thanks so much. sorry for interrupting this thread, just tag me if you are able to do it :)

13. Offline

Shqep

Solved yet?

14. Offline

KarimAKL

@Shqep I'm away from my computer for the weekend so i can't work on it at the moment, still have the project going on, on my computer at home.

15. Offline

KarimAKL

16. Offline

Y1ght

KarimAKL likes this.
  17. Offline

alnoise

you're fantastic, thank you so much :)

KarimAKL likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.