playEffect wool colors?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by monkeymanboy, Sep 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

monkeymanboy

I wanna use play effect and use STEP_SOUND and that all works but I wanna make it do colored wool how would I do that?

2. Offline

1Rogue

You want to hear in purple?

All seriousness, do you mean block-specific stepping sounds (which would just be carpet/wool in this case)?

3. Offline

The_Doctor_123

Last time I checked, all wool colors sounded the same...

4. Offline

monkeymanboy

no with STEP_SOUND it plays particles of stepping on it as well

5. Offline

1Rogue

6. Offline

monkeymanboy

1Rogue This is what I am trying to do
    Code:java
    1. player.getWorld().playEffect(player.getLocation(), Effect.STEP_SOUND, Material.WOOL;

That makes the particles come out as well, but I don't know how to set the damage value of the wool so that it can be a different color

7. Offline

Rprrr

1Rogue The_Doctor_123
    The .playEffect(..) method does not only play the sound when playing Effect.STEP_SOUND, it also shows block break particles. You are right about different colours of wool blocks not producing a different sound, but he wants to show particles in a certain colour.

Anyway, monkeymanboy, you can add another variable (an integer), I believe that can be used to set the colour of the wool. Not entirely sure, but you can give it a try.

8. Offline

monkeymanboy

Rprrr I already tried putting the number after it and using an ItemStack but neither of those worked the ItemStack made nothing happen and the number after just kept it white

9. Offline

monkeymanboy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.