Pirate Cannons (launching active tnt with dispensers)

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Ikarirain, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Offline

KoryuObihiro

Oh, the plugin's by and large done. Currently it's having an API attached to it so other people can write their own types of things for signs (similar to RedStoneChips). A little patience, and finals will be over, and this plugin will be headed your way. :)

2. Offline

bfanboy

Refresh my memory...does the redstone need to run into the powersign or can it run perpendicular to the powersign?

3. Offline

bfanboy

Any news or progress on this? I see you are busy working on other plugins. Please don't tell me this one is abandoned:( AimCannon is cool but does not even come close to the awesomeness of your plugin!

4. Offline

KoryuObihiro

It's close, right now the main brain behind PowerSigns (the plugin aforementioned) is finishing up the semester, which is pretty freaking chaotic. I don't know how much work he has left, but I've been bugging him about it. :p I'll see if I can't get things moving soon.

5. Offline

mattyj555

Kory. if this works. i will personally find where you live and do sexual things to you.

6. Offline

KoryuObihiro

o_o

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no homo. XD

7. Offline

KolosusReal

8. Offline

bfanboy

Surely finals are over by now? Any progress on this?

9. Offline

KoryuObihiro

@bfanboy Sorry for the wait.

Didn't want to do this, but I think this merits a tag: @ricochet1k

10. Offline

bevso

is this plugin nearly complete? also it wont need client side mods will it? (i hate the client side mod thing its soo annoying) also need me to showcase it for you ? check out my channel below

11. Offline

KoryuObihiro

@bevso The plugin is largely done, my dev friend just hasn't attended to finishing it for release because...he's been writing a decompiler for Java....LOL

12. Offline

ricochet1k

Alright, hey guys, PowerSigns is my brainchild. I'm sorry for the delay. Like Koryu said, I started writing a Java decompiler that might be able to help the Bukkit team, and it has kinda consumed me. Lucky for you, it has started to annoy me a little bit, so I'm going to start working on PowerSigns again.

To answer a few questions: The plugin is very complete, with quite a bit more functionality than just the TNT cannon. No client mod is even available for this, let alone required.

Like Koryu also mentioned, the last little bit of work I wanted to do was some reorganization to create an API that would allow people to very easily add new types of signs to this plugin. This has already been started and is partially complete.

The other problem is that this plugin is far too powerful for everyone to be allowed to create them at will, but adding permissions to create and destroy the signs is a very tricky thing to do. I will release a beta version before I attempt that, don't worry.

bfanboy and KoryuObihiro like this.
  13. Offline

bevso

do you still want me to make a video?

14. Offline

sunkid

15. Offline

KoryuObihiro

Err....LOL

Well, to each their own. :p

16. Offline

bfanboy

Hello again, just wondering again what the status is on this much anticipated plugin. None of these other cannon mods are nearly as awesome as what you have created. I do not mean to be bothersome and certainly will not post "Is it done yet?" on a daily basis :) Honestly tho, I have a 162 gun, wooden ship of the line that has been sitting in my harbor for the past few months just waiting for this plugin. It is wired with redstone and delay switches on 4 seperate gun decks, allowing for a raking fire effect. In short, its going to make for one heck of a bang and a very cool video.

17. Offline

KoryuObihiro

*sigh* @ricochet1k...I'm disappointed in you. But you're still awesome.

@bfanboy and everyone else: It's been released here! :D

18. Offline

Jorn818

can you use it with boatmod too??? if it's ready

19. Offline

KoryuObihiro

No idea what "boatmod" is, but if it's not Bukkit you might have difficulty getting it to work.

20. Offline

Jorn818

Well it is bukkit, and it's similar with movecraft. boatmod is without commands but with items! you hit a block with a boat and you can move it: with a map in your hands!!