Filled PING noise (Chat)

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by xSketti, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Offline

xSketti

Plugin category: Chat

Suggested name: ChatPING

What I want: Basically i'd want it to make a 'ping' noise when one player says their name fully.
    EX: xSketti: Hey Joe
    Joe gets a ping noise to notify someone is mentioning him in chat.

Ideas for commands: No commands needed for this plugin.

Ideas for permissions: No permissions

When I'd like it by: Whenever, ASAP the better.

NOTE: I checked everywhere for this plugin, they are either outdated or crash the server. Also, this 'PING' does work, because a server I was a moderator on had this plugin, probably custom of course.

Thanks!

2. Offline

EgyptianKing

I will attempt this, but if anyone else wants to do it, feel free to.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/c4l9k8cj8iptoqm/Ping.jar
    Here you go. The only down side to this is that the players would have to type the exact name.
    The good news is that the case does not matter. So if someone types jOe, Joe will still receive the ping.
    I'll message you if I can come up with an algorithm that deals with finding parts of the name. Here's an example. Someone types xSket, and xSketti will still receive the ping.

3. xSketti Done. Uploading to MediaFire now. The config contains two things: the sound played (use the names found here) and a message to send to a player if they are mentioned. Set the message to 'none' if you want to disable it.

EDIT: This is not tested, but theoretically should work.

Final Edit: Download <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2016
  4. Offline

EgyptianKing

ZonalYewHD
    Just tested it for you, either the volume is too low on the playSound method, or it does not work.

5. Offline

xSketti

Thanks I will try out yours EgyptianKing for now, since you tried out @ZonalYewHD's and had issues, I'll wait it out, thanks for the quick reply!

EgyptianKing I tried yours, sadly it doesn't work. I'm running 1.7.2r3 if that matters

ZonalYewHD this one isn't working either :/, the noise nor' the message is working.

EDIT: One player said it worked once, and didnt work again :/

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  6. Offline

Gamecube762

xSketti Are you using any chat managing plugins, like HeroChat? some chat plugins tend to cancel the chat event then manually send the messages, this makes it harder for other plugins to do chat related stuff.

EgyptianKing ZonalYewHD
    Try changing your events to Monitor and Ignore Canceled.

EgyptianKing
    Maybe split the message to each word, then for each word .getPlayer(word) and send the sound unless the player is null. This might will require the depricated chat method as .getPlayer() is not thread safe and can cause errors running on the async thread.

7. Offline

xSketti

Gamecube762 I am using essentials chat, only chat plugin I have.

8. Offline

EgyptianKing

9. Offline

xSketti

EgyptianKing It works! Exactly, what i was looking for, possible sound effect change in config? If not, that's absolutely fine

10. Offline

EgyptianKing

11. Offline

xSketti

EgyptianKing You're the best, I've been wanting this for a long time and couldn't find it. Thank you!

12. Offline

TannerLittle

xSketti Please mark this as "filled" so developers know it has already been completed.

MCMastery likes this.
  13. Offline

ketchupcoke

Erm... I hope it's not too late to make a request... <3

Would it be possible to add a simple /chatping command to toggle whether a player will receive the sound notification? If not that's fine, but it would prevent people spamming a player's name and them getting the noise all the time. Also, maybe a /chatping ignore (player) command to stop pings from a specific player? That would be great, thanks :)

14. Offline

xSketti

Marked it as 'Filled' thanks again! Also, ketchupcoke also if you have a anti-spam plugin (GriefPrevention) has one built in, it'll stop them from spamming the same sentence more than once (Someones Name)

15. Offline

EgyptianKing

16. Offline

_Filip

EgyptianKing You should listen to PlayerChatEvent on the Monitor EventPriority.