PhysicCraft

Discussion in 'WIP and Development Status' started by Faelsel, Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Faelsel

Physicraft​​

[​IMG]
    First of all: Sorry for bad english.
    Originally developed in bukkit, i wanted more features without need of mod the client anymore so, here I am: A work in progress Bukkit/SpoutPlugin plugin.
    Initially was an only gravity/waterfall plugin, now adding features like industrial craft.
    Target:
    • Maximum realism experience in minecraft/Spoutcraft
    Requirements:
    • Spoutcraft launcher is highly recommended! (You can play anyway but you can't see different textures, eventually GUI and so on).
    • Bukkit + Spoutcraft plugin 1.5.2 for server.
    • Physicraft 2.3.3 plugin. (Work in progress...)
    Features:
    • Gravity, every block fall, except some that allow you to build more complex buildings, divide building weight and so on...
    • Real water flow, like a real fluid, or something similar.
    • These two features are lagfree! I passed several hours on optimizing :D
    • Real need and diseaes (polluted water, rain illness, too cold in tundra or too hot in desert...), hard agriculture and raised need of food, Log produces only 1 refined wood instead of 4, you should use sawmills in order to raise your production.
    • Research new technlogy in order to craft machines, now develop a Nuclear Reactor require more than only Uranium.
    • Mechanic energy machines: Sawmill, Windmill, Watermill, Millstone, Steam engines, Gears, Water pumps, Oil pumps, Refineries, Plastic extractors, Nuclear Reactors... and more
    • Electricity and electric devices: Generators, Accumulators, Wires, Bulbs and Neon lamps, and obviously a way to return back the electric energy to a mechanic one: Electric Engine.
    • More resources: Oil, Copper, Aluminium, Uranium, Mercury, Sulphur ... and more
    • Imagine a server with several players and factions, where some factions produce some kind of resources, and need to trade with others, without floating houses and bases! everything fall! So build only on ground or under ground (if you can prevent falls).
    Work in progress:
    • Solar panels...
    • More features... ask them!!!
    Download:
    Not any yet.
    But if you want to test, send me a Message.
    It is a private server (slow connection) with really little limit of players. Just for test features untill the final release.
    Tutorial/Wiki/Guide/Screenshot:
    There is a thing like that (with only essential information) at: http://teamfight.altervista.org/PhysiCraft/index.html
    It is in Italian, with Google translator plugin. In a near future there will be a full English version too.​
    I hope you like the idea and want to play (for now... test) with us, and maybe setting up a big server (with more bandwidth than my connection....).​
    Stay tuned for the release of the plugin! ;) or the opening of a server.​
    And write here any idea!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -​
    Future:
    Hope you all support me telling ideas and also with donations, I will add you to a "Credit list" and i give you also a development (probably buggy) copy so you can tell me what you want to add / fix:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -​

2. Offline

Faelsel

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    OLDER VERSION
    <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>
    Old version, just some gravity without the nice water feature...

Features:
    Gravity: Placing a block now let him fall down untill the first obstacle. Only wooden planks (also known as refined wood) allow to collect the weight.

Resistant structures: Wood blocks prevent nearby blocks to fall, and allow to build bridges and ceilings, and also mines. Burning the wood also make the ceiling fall if all the wood is destroyed (to prevent easy griefing i think maybe i will change this feature).

Bugs: Is not a feature, but a thing i need to remove, post here any bug.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    I've worked a bit on adding physics on minecraft. And I'm ad a quite good development status.

In my actual version (Me and friends play with it), I've added couple feature, some are bug free, some are bugged still.

* Blocks gravity (bug free tested on about 90%)
    * Wood structures are more gravity resistant (bug free tested on about 90%)
    * More fast food level go down adding a malus (movement speed... like who is hungry are most time also tired) on starving, but players dont die. (bug free tested on about 70%)

With these features actually dig underground or build up require a more realistic engineering, wood structures where build other kind of blocks. If dig underground without a good antigravity system, or also if destroy the wood structures the mine collapse.
    The same is when dig big natural caverns, the roof ruins on you if you break some blocks.

[​IMG]
    In this image isnt clear. There are NOT only wood rooftops, you can use wood to make basic structures, but other block attached or near wood can resist gravity as well.

This is a great starting point i think. And also a good starting point against flying halfcutted trees.......

I've also added an hunger add in my plugin so now the survival experience is really realistic and harder than normal.
    Now im thinking, what can i add to make more realistic gameplay?

Answer here freely and contact me if you want a development copy of the plugin.

First of all i'm working to add a my older plugin on water flow...

Yes i've made a thread like the old one.... i didnt found it before... i'm so sad :(

I need : IDEAS, SUGGESTIONS and so on :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

[​IMG]
    Finally added the old water flow feature.

LAG free, BUG free (we tried to stress with removing/place water on oceans, lakes, waterfalls everythin, never it lagged, and all time calculations are under 3000 acts/second).

Only a bug: Sometimes if you place blocks the water don't spread, especially if around there are many other spreading water blocks...
    Another missing feature is, if you break a block UNDER a big water mass, only the lowest block falls and not spread up.
    Bbut all these bug/missing/mistakes are not dramatic.

Dramatic is the visive effect! Really nice!

Sorry for bad english.
    Stay tuned and tell me if you like the project, there is not a final version and tell me if you want to try it! Any support/donation is apreciated :D

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2016
  3. Offline

Byamarro

Can't wait for it!!! I want to try it as fast as it possible :p

4. Offline

Faelsel

Fixed a bug where server crashes if there were too many new falling events.
    For a preview:

Physicraft v 1.1 (v 1.0 was buggy)
    <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Features:
    Gravity: Placing a block now let him fall down untill the first obstacle. Only wooden planks (also known as refined wood) allow to collect the weight.

Resistant structures: Wood blocks prevent nearby blocks to fall, and allow to build bridges and ceilings, and also mines. Burning the wood also make the ceiling fall if all the wood is destroyed (to prevent easy griefing i think maybe i will change this feature).

Bugs: Is not a feature, but a thing i need to remove, post here any bug.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2016
  5. Offline

Byamarro

(to prevent easy griefing i think maybe i will change this feature).

I think that WorldGuard hook will be enough.

6. Offline

Faelsel

Updated... I didn't writed here so much, because i went on Spout so... if you want to test send me a Private Message :)

If you want a copy of the actual (W.I.P.) plugin (without several configurations) ask me.

If have any question, ask me.

If you want a video/screenshot... this is a good idea. :D

7. Offline

Faelsel

updated:
    Weapons (using gun powder, so Sulphur now is useful), Nuclear Reactors, Electricity, and so on...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.