Question Pex world inheritance

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by najib478, Aug 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

najib478

Hello there I wrote my pex permissions from scratch and they worked fine. But all of the sudden I started getting complaints that certain ranks dont have the perms that default has.

Please take a look at the inheritance (IT IS PER WORLD):

https://pastebin.com/dkCrtnnr

Thank you for your precious time!

2. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@najib478
    You are adding the same permission for multiple worlds/groups. Inheritance allows for the permissions from one group to be transferred over to another. Ideally, you should only need one instance of the permission in your yml. Every time a group inherits another group, remove all the permissions from this group that the other one already has.

Inheritance also works as a tree. You only need to inherit one other group. Since Moderator already inherits all the other groups, Admin only needs to inherit Moderator. This should be done with all your groups.

Back to the main problem: Some of the groups for some worlds are skipping groups. Donor only inherits newborn, and skips trusted. Make sure that each group inherits one group that is the correct one (Do not just copy and paste. That is where most mistakes are made.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.