PEX - '*' doesn't give all permissions?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by AdamN, Jan 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

AdamN

I'm using the plugin EchoPet and there is multiple permission associated with it... Why is it that giving my Owner group the permission - '*' doesn't actually give permission to all of the commands?
    Here's what my group did look like: http://pastie.org/8654438
    But that still didn't give me access to the command /pet remove . The permission needed to use that command is echopet.pet.remove so I added
    Code:
    - echopet.*
    - echopet.*.*
    - echopet.pet.*
    and still, I didn't have permission to use the command until I actually added
    Code:
    - echopet.pet.remove
    .... Why?
    Why isn't - '*' good enough?

2. Offline

JaguarJo

AdamN Some plugins just don't support the - '*' wildcard. Because of this, it's always important to check your plugin's documentation pages to see which permission nodes you may or may not need to add.

3. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

When using PEX, '*' grants EVERY node. Even the nodes that plugin authors specifically labeled as not for OPs.

4. Offline

JaguarJo

mbaxter Alrighty, then I'll let you give an explanation to AdamN for why he doesn't have permission to use the commands until he added the specific nodes. I know '*' is supposed to give everything, but in my experience, sometimes it doesn't. Apparently my experience is wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.