Plugin Help PermissionsEX Not Working...

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by Midilo, Jul 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Midilo

So I just got my new server and am trying to set up my ranks Pex worked fine in game and making the groups in game also worked fine but when I did it manualy it started bugging out, all the YAML validators validated it and said it was fine.
    Id love some help thx!
    PS: Version 1.8 and latest pex version!
    https://pastebin.com/Z2uhMpY3

2. Offline

Zombie_Striker

3. Offline

Midilo

4. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@Midilo Please post your FULL server log. Copied from <server directory>/logs/latest.log
    Not from the multicraft console.

5. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@Midilo
    I do that because both spigot and most of the bukkit community will drop support of older versions soon. As stated in the thread I linked, less devs are adding support for 1.8, and plugins that did 1.8 are either abandoning that update or are no longer being supported. The reason why we will no longer support 1.8 is because it is easier to fix problems in newer versions, because older versions do have exploits that were fixed in newer updates, and because they have tenancies to break.

You have a right to your opinion on newer plugins, but just because an update supports the newer version does not make it trash. Trash plugins exist for every update.

Back on topic, we need the full console log. That does not give us enough information as to what is going on.

6. Offline

Midilo

7. Offline

Machine Maker

@Midilo
    You have a \t character (aka TAB) in your permissions.yml. I don't know why the YAML validators didn't catch it. Try making sure line 13 does not start with a TAB.

8. Offline

Midilo

how do I fix this?
    In notepad++

9. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@Midilo
    1. EssentialsXMMP VTeamCity is missing a dependency. Are you sure you downloaded all the correct dependencies/ that XMMP suppors 1.8?
    2. Fix it by replacing all tab characters with three spaces. Unless you can build/find a text editor to replace the tabs, you will need to do this manually.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.