PermissionsEX,Me,Host or Newest Bukkit verisons fault?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Lacrosse17, Feb 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

lokpique

Try it yourself. Make a temp server and install only the essentials.jar and permissionsex.jar... and do NOT install either of their chat jar files.

Prefixes work. The prefixes are built into the core essentials.jar package. (Not PEX like I first said).

This means that you do not need the chatmanager.jar or essentialschat.jar in order to make prefixes work, as you stated.

2. Offline

Lacrosse17

Jeyge
    Um lokpique is right you only need permissions EX chatmanager works with:

enable: false
    message-format: <%prefix%player%suffix> %message
    global-message-format: <%prefix%player%suffix> &e%message
    ranged-mode: false
    chat-range: 100.0
    It just manages chat not prefixes that why in permissions it has
    Prefix: '[Owner]'

3. Offline

Jeyge

I guess his server is just broke then. Or he doesn't have Essentials installed.

Fair enough. Was only trying to help. I'll but out now.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  4. Offline

Lacrosse17

*Facepalm*
    I NEED help setting it up my server can not be "broken"
    There is always a fix for everything in Mc its just about finding it.
    and i have essentials downloaded............................................
    Thats why if you read the perms which was the point of this forum you would see a bunch of essentials nodes.....

5. Offline

lokpique

Was merely trying to make it clear that they arent' required so you dont take his advice and add more pieces to the puzzle before it's fixed.

6. Offline

computerman_

i believe the \t is a missing line error

7. Offline

Necrodoom

i dont see Elgarl posting anywhere here. what the hell are you talking about?

also prefixes are NOT built into essentials.jar, unless you edited the setting you werent supposed to enable unless you know what you are doing.

1mpre55 likes this.
  8. Offline

Lacrosse17

I got the permissions to work so everyone calm down.
    I did not need any essentials to make it all I used is PermissionsBukkit

FORUM THREAD CLOSED

9. Offline

lokpique

So... yes they ARE built in.

Poster boy != dev.

Would it help if i said fanboy next time? I hear that's what the kids use these days.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  10. Offline

Lacrosse17

I said its ended
    :p

11. Offline

Necrodoom

yes, lets break compatibly, works fine!

no one even MENTIONED GM on this thread. stop being a troll.

1mpre55 likes this.
  12. Offline

lokpique

Wait... so essentials has a feature that can break things if not used correctly? That follows suit with one of the things you guys troll the forums with when posting that PEX document!

This just gets better and better...

13. Offline

Necrodoom

you sound like you broke your logic rather.
    do you NOT see the big ass warning on the comment, to explain you shouldnt enable it unless you know what you are doing, because duplicate chat plugins will cause double prefixes?

what you say equals "oh, if i try to break it on purpose, it breaks, it must be bad!"

1mpre55 likes this.
  14. Offline

lokpique

My logic is fine. I don't use other chat plugins. I pointed this out to somebody after telling THEM they dont need another chat plugin.

Please read the context to which you reply before flapping your lips. Seriously, this is just getting stupid.

I'm pretty sure when anyone else goes to change that setting they will ALSO see the warning message, and again, look at the context I was using this with... stating you do not require another chat addon for prefixes to work.

And, what YOU are saying is not making much sense. First it's not included, then it causes incompatibility bit IS included... all while missing the fact that I was telling someone to use that INSTEAD of a full chat addon if all they want is prefixes to work. So please, tell me off and correct me again using the exact same thing I had explained in the first place.

15. Offline

Necrodoom

because people switch plugins, and many big plugins come with chat plugins.
    its not the first time i had to solve reports like this, because some people tell people to toggle random settings without understanding how they work, and then complain that when some thing like double prefixes happen.
    why you hate newbies so much?
    you seem to try to make personal attacks against random people/groups (EG: GM, on this very thread) out of the blue, then use some warped logic trying to explain what you said is somehow true.

if you want to make a point, make your freaking point.

1mpre55 likes this.
  16. Offline

lokpique

How am I hating on newbies? Did I not give him this solution to use INSTEAD of adding a chat plugin?

Where did I tell him to use both? Can you help me see where I did that?

Also, if you wanna trash on ME personally, which is what you are now doing, send me PM.

17. Offline

happyminertyler

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.