Solved PermissionsEx Double Prefix

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by hectorsouthern, Jul 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

hectorsouthern

I have set up PermissionsEx and when i moved it into my server, (different server to the one I was making it on) It started making Double Prefix's (If my Prefix was set to say "Owner" in game it would say "Owner Owner" <message>. Even if I change the prefix they both change. I have also checked that there are no other chat plugins and checked the ChatManager config and its OK.

Help?

2. Offline

totaldonut

Have you got Towny or Essentials installed? Both of these plugins (and a lot of others) have built-in chat managers, resulting in multiple prefixes.

3. Offline

hectorsouthern

I have Essentials, I look through it now, is the chat part in the main config?

Got it, thanks

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2016
  4. Offline

gigsta12

so how did u fix it cuz i got the same thing and i got essentials too

5. Offline

Necrodoom

prefix being set in both essentialschat, and permissionsex. you just remove one.

6. Offline

gigsta12

I worked it out and u dont need to remove essentials or essentials chat u just need to change in the essentials main config YAML file the "add-prefix-suffix: true" to "add-prefix-suffix: false" and it fixed it but thanks anyways

7. Offline

DeathRecoil1

i have towny, so how to you fix the prefixs mine looks like: [g][Owner]Owner King_Ender

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.