'PermissionsBukkit' Plugin's config not working?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by ProNe_PanDa, Jun 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ProNe_PanDa

So I have tried several different ways to do this. I used spaces, not tabs. I tried 2 spaces, then 4. Nothing seems to work. When I get a list of the groups from ingame it shows all 4 of them, but none of the permissions work. Opping the player seems to work, but that's not what I want. Please just take a look at my config that's in my PermissionsBukkit folder. By default, the PermissionsBukkit config overrides the permissions.yml in the 64 bit folder. It used to give me warnings about how the config wasn't in proper YAML formatting. That was fixed after doing some more research on YAML, but the permissions still wouldn't work. Here's a list of all my plugins (no start-up errors)(type: WinRAR archive).
    - worldguard-5.5.2
    - worldedit-5.3
    - PermissionsBukkit-1.6
    - NoCheat_3.5.0
    - Essentials
    Now, here's my failed config from Bukkit/ 64-Bit/ plugins/ PermissionsBukkit. (exact same code as permissions.yml from Bukkit/ 64-Bit)

Code:
    groups:

Guest:

default: true

build: true

permissions:

- essentials.sethome

- essentials.home

- essentials.motd

- essentials.rules

- essentials.help

- permissions.help

Member:

default: false

permissions:

- essentials.warp

- essentials.home

- essentials.tpa

- essentials.tpahere

- essentials.tpdeny

- essentials.tpaccept

inheritance:

Admin:

permissions:

- permissions.*

- essentials.*

- worldedit.*

- worldguard.*

inheritance:

Owner:

permissions:

- permissions.*

- essentials.*

- worldedit.*

- worldguard.*

inheritance:

- Admin

users:

sinnlose:

worlds:

skyblock21:

essentials.home: true

essentials.warp: true

essentials.sethome: true

groups:

happeningjack:

worlds:

skyblock21:

groups:

michaelisaninja:

worlds:

skyblock21:

groups:

prone_panda:

worlds:

skyblock21:

groups:

- Owner

2. Offline

john924xps

I am planning you don't want a certain rank to do specific things? But since you didn't specify any negative permissions, the ranks plugin will use the defaults, and the defaults you may not want. This is how you specify a permission you DONT want a group to do:
    - essentials.home: false

Or something like that. I myself use PEX, and for me it is easier. And a tip, if you want to make the ranks stand out more, play around with the prefix and suffix!

3. Offline

ProNe_PanDa

Thanks for the quick response! So what your saying is every permission will be true by default, and I need to mark every command false to disable it? The plugins' pages show commands, but not permissions like 'essentials.sethome'. I've tried messing with the prefixes and suffixes, but still, no difference in-game. Think you could show me some code as an example to how you did your prefix/ suffixes?

4. Offline

john924xps

No. Not all the defaults will be set to true. The plugin creator decides which node should be set to true on default, or not. Could you please give me an example on a command which you do [not] want a user to access to? I'll do some research on the prefix and suffix, since I am not sure with PermissionsBukkit has that feature pre-installed. PEX does.

Oh yes: Some further detail. Example with the plugin Essentials, if you allow a user to every command, but you don't want him to broadcast a message. The LOWEST form of the node (in this case essentials.broadcast) would go at the TOP and the HIGHEST form of the node (in this case essentials.*) would be in the bottom. So it would be stated like this:

- essentials.broadcast: false
    - essentials.*: true

Like that. The lowest form of the node basically means a node that is stretched out the farthest. the highest is like the core, where every node from that plugin comes from (core.node.morenodes). It is stated something like that. Understand?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2016
  5. Offline

ProNe_PanDa

Well all I want users to have access to are commands for a legit survival server. Such as home, sethome, spawn, back, msg, help, rules, motd, tpa, tpdeny, tpaccept. Would you recommend switching from PermissionBukkit to PermissionsEX (PEX) if it isn't too much work? Thanks. EDIT: Yes I get that, and it might be of help.

6. Offline

john924xps

Research done. I would prefer PEX, but in your case, you will have to install a third-party plugin that co-operates with permissions. ColorMe is a good plugin. There is a bane though, you are not allowed to set specific colors for specific ranks, you can only set the global default or set the prefixes and suffixes manually. The plugin:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/colorme/

If you want to check out PEX, it is very similar but just stated a LITTLE differently. Here is the link:
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/ad...x-v1-19-2-tomorrow-is-today-1-2-5-r3-0.18140/

I can help you restate your permissions to be compatible with PEX if you want, but it will take a couple of minutes.

PS.
    Your welcome. :)

I DO recommend switching from PermBukkit to PEX, it is not very different. But do it only if you want to. PEX is easier: it comes with an automatic color rank, easy to configure and compatible with groups.

One thing I changed while setting your permissions: Admins don't have access to all the permissions command, otherwise they would be allowed to promote themselves to Owner and else

I will post the permissions file later on. If you want the Admin to promote to a certain rank only, tell me.

Your welcome

Your permissions will be ready later on. :3

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

7. Offline

ProNe_PanDa

Thanks. Would the YAML formatting for the config/permissions be different if I switched to PEX?

8. Offline

john924xps

No. I will give u the file later. But I am currently eating in a tester aunt. Sorry

By the way. Would u like the member to be able to talk the the color thy want? Such as

&khi

When typed in chat, then it will say hi, but in a alien format. The letters will keep changing :)

Is that ur full config? If not, then give it to me please. I will make it compatible with Pex. PEX and permissions bukkit Are very similar but Pex has more functions

I am using the iPhone so my writing sux thanks

ProNe_PanDa
    I am done. Here is the link:
    http://tinypaste.com/f2bcba9d

Where is says Prefix here, type in the prefix, but do NOT remove the quote marks

Your welcome

9. Offline

themadman300

Redrafted the Admin rank a bit
    http://pastebin.com/6Y1w5ZLa

If you want it. I just changed it so if you ever get more plugins admin rank will automatically have permissions for them.

10. Offline

john924xps

11. Offline

ProNe_PanDa

Thanks for the help. I have tried prefixes and suffixes before just like that, with the quotes. I'm working on another draft for the config, then I'll probably try PEX.

I'm ProNe_PanDa ingame, and I was testing something. I removed everybody in 'ops', including myself. I placed myself in Guest, and tried some commands. None of them worked.. I could build, but /help would refer to worldedit help, and /home /sethome /motd /rules were all denied. Take a look at it please. It was meant to be a very plain, simple revised version so I could work off of it.

http://tinypaste.com/5571f01d

12. Offline

john924xps

I'll check it out

O
    I see no problem. I'll help. Zip up a copy of the server folder, then upload it. Send me the link. It is probably one of your server config or the help.yml located in root.

13. Offline

themadman300

I changed all those "chatmanager.*" permissions etc. into "*" for admin rank.
    So if he adds more plugins admin has the perm for them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.