Solved PERMISSIONS PLUGIN HELP NEEDED BAAAAADLY

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Kalas2626, Jun 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Kalas2626

please i am beggin for some kind soul to help me.iv been running this server for going on 2 months now with no permissions plugin and things have been fine.until now. i got the heroes plugin and turns out users are not able to bind skills to items without me setting the permios for it.i have been fighting with different permission plugins for HOURS!! to no avail.im so fed up it feels like blood will start seeping from my ears any minute now. please if someone could put togeather a permisions file for me i will be your betst friend forever and never forget you as long as a live. you can use whatever permisions plugin you want to make it for i dont care i will DL whatever permisions plugin needed. all i need is for the permisions to be like they are without any permisions plugin with the one eception of the heros plugin needing this node"heroes.bind" my plugins list is a follws

essentials, essentialsSpawn
    essentialsProtect, essentialsChat
    ChestShop, Factions
    iconomy, lift-13
    LWC, Vault
    worldedit, Xauth
    Heroes

as you can see i do not have a huge amount of plugins and im sure it shouldnt be to hard(for someone who has done it b4) to put togeather a perms file.as i seem to be something of a retard and just cant get working.

from the bottom of my heart i would like to thank you in advance *big hugs/handshake(depending on sex lol)*
    P.S i see there is a broblem with losing spacing when posting YML files so if you want to do it without wraping or codding it you can email me at [email protected]
    Kalas

i guess no1 is going to help me *sad face* :(

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2016
  2. Offline

bob7

Permissions are very easy to make, just add the correct nodes under ranks.. Give PermissionsEx a go!

3. Offline

Kalas2626

well if its very easy then i must br veary retarded cuz i cant seem to get it to work. im gunna try bpermissions now(its the only popular one i havent tried and fail with yet) im almost ready to offer a paypal donation to anyone who can make me a wroking perm YML. as a matter of fackt thats exactlly what im going to do if i crash and burn one more time at this

4. Offline

bob7

They have MANY tut's on perms, please google

5. Offline

Kalas2626

i havent given up just yet.idk why im having such probles at this.maybe im just having a bad/unlucky day

6. Offline

codename_B

http://bpermissions.com

Look no further
    These step by step instructions have been designed to help you get a basic bPermissions setup running on your server!
    [​IMG]
    On the main page, click the "Download" button.
    [​IMG]
    On the next page right click the "Download" button and choose "Save Link as..."
    [​IMG]
    Save link as bpermissions.jar in your "plugins" folder
    [​IMG]
    Run your server once to generate the default files.
    [​IMG]
    Start your server again then type "permissions helpme" into the console and stop the server.
    [​IMG]
    A default users.yml and groups.yml have been generated for you.
    [​IMG]
    Edit the files until you are happy with them.
    [​IMG]
    Copy the edited default files.
    [​IMG]
    Paste them into your "worldname" folders to replace the empty files there.
    [​IMG]
    Start your server. You now have a basic permissions setup.
    [​IMG]
    In-game commands are equally easy to use.

Kalas2626 and Snipes01 like this.
  7. Offline

Kalas2626

not sure how to put the solved prefix on this

now how do i put a solved prefix on a reply ? :p

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

8. Offline

codename_B

Glad I was able to help.

9. Offline

Snipes01

Now that was helpful. Maybe you could add that the bpermissions wiki. I'm talking about the screen caps above. I know you guys have videos, but those caps make it look a bit easier.

10. Offline

codename_B

That is in the bPermissions wiki, I copied/pasted it from there.

11. Offline

Kalas2626

yes the caps are great but actully i ennded up using permissionsex lolz but bpermissions is fine to im sure. i was just being a doh head about it.it all seems simple to me now :p

12. Offline

codename_B

>.<
    but but

13. Offline

Kalas2626

lol i still TOTALLY recommend the advise you gave. i had allready got permissionsex going b4 i seen this post of yours. but looking at it now you cant really go wrong with the step by step advice you gave.gets a like from me :)

14. Offline

codename_B

*cough*
    delete permissionsex.jar
    install bpermissions.jar
    run /permissions import pex

change done ;)

np98765 and MegaNarwhal like this.
  15. Offline

Kalas2626

lol.whats wrong with permissionsex?

ohh i seee. you are the one who maaaaade bpermissions. :) i doubt id ever be able to make such a plugin myself*tips hat*

16. Offline

codename_B

Haha *gives cookie*
    The one thing bPermissions has that no other permissions plugin has is me :p

17. Offline

Kalas2626

lol . ill tell you one plugin i ammmm going too use tho.thats BannanaBackup. its seems simple(check) straighforward(check) and configurable for low lag(check) im using a program called fbackup(i think thats what its called) and it has none of thoes good points lol

codename_B likes this.
  18. Offline

XxWolfTorrentxX

Oh god! What has happened to the world! Grammar I SAY Grammar please man!

19. Offline

Kalas2626

txtin has ruined me im afraid lol

np98765 and XxWolfTorrentxX like this.
  20. Offline

XxWolfTorrentxX

Haha, Like for a sense of humor!

21. Offline

Kalas2626

no that my friend we have the cold hard world to blame :p

22. Offline

Snipes01