Problem/Bug Permissions issues.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by lolman358, Jun 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have been working for a week now attempting to set this server up I had it all working for a while then I added all these perms and then that plugin stopped working I'm sure it's down to terrible skills and pure ignorance on the subject of Minecraft/BUKKIT server creation if someone would be willing to attempted to rescue the sinking ship which is my Minecraft server that would be greatly appreciated(This is a perms issues I believe as it disables to plugin now after adding these new perms), thanks to anyone kind enough to help me idk if you want an in-game reward I will sure give it to you free of charge ? stupid I'm aware but yet i cannot provide anything else for your services

Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/btADdpbP
    Photo of current plugins:https://gyazo.com/c88e862b25b6ae128823a8acac255f87
    List:
    PermissionsEx-1.23.4
    PixelPrinter
    FastAsyncWorldEdit-bukkit-1.13.146
    CombatLog
    Clearlag
    WildTP
    SpawnerSilk-2.0
    AutoSaveWorld
    ultimatefeedandheal
    Multiverse-Core-2.5.0
    Vault
    GWarp
    worldedit-bukkit-7.0.0
    EssentialsXXMPP-2.16.1.0
    EssentialsXSpawn-2.16.1.0
    EssentialsXProtect-2.16.1.0
    EssentialsXGeoIP-2.16.1.0
    EssentialsXAntiBuild-2.16.1.0
    EssentialsXChat-2.16.1.0
    EssentialsX-2.16.1.0

That's pretty much all( please ignore earlier post as it has become redundant after these errors have occurred and if this is fixed then the other issues will also be fixed, said other errors in case it's required to help me is that users other than OP's were not able to open doors or chest, place blocks and for example use pressure plates https://gyazo.com/600fe6940768b4c81a7484a446aa2ac5 (error message I was receiving after /deop)
    Things I have tried:
    1.Deleting the permsEX thing and then retyping the perms into the document
    2. running its default( which helped but as soon as I added to said perms it sorta broke and was my fault as it's the only logical explanation)
    3. Thought about not using the plugin but decided that it would be useful for future usage unless a simpler more user-friendly alternative is provided to me( i will happily jump ship at this stage)
    4. Wanted to cry in a corner after failure after failure due to my own incompetence of this subject matter and began to wish that I could just have it magically fixed
    5. Came to help form for ideas but got 1 response which sorta helped( thanks btw) other than that nothing and I final thank you to anyone who can fix my god awful server

EDIT PURPOSE:
    I doubled posted so am now re-editing this post as to update my problems and to pretty much say I messed it up worse I believe thank you to anyone willing to aid me

ANY of the original comments are not redundant.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  2. Offline

KarimAKL

@lolman358 I'm guessing WorldGuard is stopping players from using stuff. Try allowing the 'interact' flag on your region.

3. Thanks for the idea

Also, user's can't open doors or use anything I think I have messed something up badly :D This is the error message users get ( deleted world guard)
    https://gyazo.com/600fe6940768b4c81a7484a446aa2ac5

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2019
  4. Offline

Shqep

Idk probably essentials spawn, antibuild or protect

Not sure since never used them ;-;

5. Offline

KarimAKL

I don't think it's EssentialsSpawn, but EssentialsAntiBuild or EssentialsProtect could probably be it.
    @lolman358 Try disabling those plugins and check if it works. (you can add the file extension '.disabled' to the file, that way you won't have to delete and download it again)

6. Offline

Shqep

Also,... have been wondering and too lazy to test (my bad)

But where do you insert this ".disabled"?

test.jar.disabled?
    test.disabled.jar?

Sorry for asking such a terrible question

7. Offline

KarimAKL

@Shqep 'test.jar.disabled' It has to be the last part of the file name, otherwise it would be treated as a .jar file with the name 'test.disabled'. :p

8. Offline

Shqep

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.