Permissions Error - Help!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Casey Key, May 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Casey Key

[​IMG]

That is what I'm getting when I mine a block in my server.

Please help they are really interfering with my productivity.

+1 for helping a newb!!!

2. Offline

Jeyge

That error usually means your permissions yml file is incorrectly named. Check to make sure it is <world name>.yml and not <world name>.yml.yml or anything else like that. Also, if you have file extensions turned off, the name would actually be <world name> as the .yml will be hidden.

3. Offline

SoggyJoe

It's happening to me even when I do make it World.yml

4. Offline

TuRmoiLxx

There is something wrong with your Permissions file, you must of typed something wrong, copy/paste it to here.

http://pastebin.com/

5. Offline

SoggyJoe

Do I post the file with permissions in it or what exactly do I paste? My file with the permissions in it is called World.txt

6. Offline

Casey Key

Soggy you just hijacked my thread.

7. Offline

TuRmoiLxx

wait nvm.

1. Open the file Server.properites
    2. Check the text on the bar level-name=
    3. Name your permissions .yml file the same name as the text on the level-name=

For example, the name of my world on level-name= is Hello it would appear level-name=Hello, then i would rename my permissions .yml file Hello.yml or just Hello if you're not using extensions.

8. Offline

SoggyJoe

I didn't mean to! I just had trouble after your question and thought you were done.

9. Offline

Casey Key

[​IMG]

That is my new error, I renamed my file in my Permissions folder in plugins to my world.

10. Offline

SoggyJoe

I'm still having trouble with that. the files both say what I want it to be and yet I still can't create a faction or check my balance on iConomy.

I can use Moar but nothing else

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2016
  11. Offline

Casey Key

Not using iConomy. Please fix the new error please! Friends getitin on soon.

12. Offline

LightKing

Casey post your permissions.yml at pastebin.com

13. Offline

SoggyJoe

14. Offline

Casey Key

15. Offline

Triggernometry

Well you see son, You just have the default, example .yml config. what you're gonna want to do is set it up according to your needs. I'm sure you can find out how to do that with a quick search around the forum. :)

16. Offline

TuRmoiLxx

I have found your MANY mistakes. That has probably been the WORST set of permissions I've ever seen.

Let me correct you here:

1. NEVER USE TABS. NEVER EVER.
    2. ALWAYS KEEP THE PERMISSIONS THE WAY I HAVE TYPED IT, KEEP IT TOGETHER.
    3. NEVER, EVER, EVER, NEVER! MAKE TOO MANY SPACES OR TOO LITTLE SPACES.
    4. NEVER, EVER KEEP ANY SPACES AFTER THE PERMISSION.

Jesus Christ man, that was disgusting. Heres your corrected Permissions:

http://pastebin.com/w9HkRpJZ

Yuck. Your permissions file has TOO many errors I can't even fix it my self. I'm a GOD at permissions, I've been using it since February 26, I can fix ALL errors, but that I couldn't. -facepalm-. Let me correct you here.

1. There are examples, LEARN TO FOLLOW THEM. All nodes must be - 'permission.node' or what so ever, in your case, - 'herochat.admin' not herochat.admin, it wont have ANY effect.

2. You deleted your users file, HOW WILL YOU RANK YOUR USERS?

3. Don't EVER use TABS.

4. Your WHOLE file is corrupted, either you copy/pasted the WHOLE permissions file off the forum or a website, thats the WORST thing to do.

5. NEVER, EVER, COPY/PASTE PERMISSION NODES INTO YOUR PERMISSIONS FILE (permission.permission). WRITE THEM MANUALLY.

If I we're you I'd rather just start over. Delete your two .yml files and let Permissions generate its own. Once you finsihed that one send it to me. If theres no hope I'll do it my self.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

17. Offline

SoggyJoe

Wow... I would have never thought of any of that except for the tabs. Thanks for enlightening me, I'll do it sometime today since I have to go to school.

18. Offline

1lann

Actually I believe the format has changed now and you don't need the single quotes anymore. If you do include single quotes, permissions will automatically revert them to no quotes.

19. Offline

TuRmoiLxx

Im a permissions 2.5.5 guy. Best version imo. I'll probably make a guide on my way of using permissions.

20. Offline

Casey Key

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!! No Homo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.