Solved Permissions debug mode w/ GroupManager?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by falkensmaze, Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

falkensmaze

Hi folks,

I'm trying to configure a working GroupManager setup. One of the nice things about PermissionsEX was that you could enable debug mode in its config.yml and get nice console spam for every permissions check on a given player. So in cases where two or more plugins provide the same command, it is easy to see which one takes precedence and what nodes are being checked.

Does anyone know of a similar feature of either GroupManager or the SuperPerms API? Or perhaps an additional plugin that does this?

I've got the EssentialsGroupBridge jar as well, although I think I read that it's obsolete. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

TIA

2. Offline

patar15

3. Offline

falkensmaze

aha, that's funny, but not what I'm after. I do actually want to use GroupManager. Was there a particular alternative you are suggesting? Because I don't see any in the search results.

4. Offline

patar15

ok im sorry i couldn't find what you were looking for

5. Offline

Necrodoom

i dont remember PEX being able to provide data on checks on anything that isnt from pex suite (or doesnt use PEX API, one of the 2), which means it would be impossible for superperms permission plugins to allow such debug, since i dont think permission plugins can actually see the permission checks.

falkensmaze likes this.
  6. Offline

patar15

ya this is a tricking one for me too

7. Offline

falkensmaze

That could be, since I did notice some strange behavior. Checks I expected weren't there, for example... I was probably using it to watch modifyworld.* checks, so that explains it.

I thought maybe PEX was able to do it by hooking into internal methods, and not seeing this feature in any of the other permissions suites, useful as it would be, made me think it might be impossible for "well-behaved" plugins.

So, I'll take your word for it and consider this answered.

It really should be part of Bukkit/CB. Maybe I'll make a feature request.

8. Offline

patar15

glad to see you got your problem solved

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.