Solved Permission Plugin

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by Gregory46, Jan 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Gregory46

So I have scrolled through thousands of pages of permissions plugins, and let me tell you, I AM DISAPOINTED!
    All of them have something missing. The only one I have found that might work is Permissionsex, but no matter what I try I cannot get it to work on my server.
    I need:
    - Permissions Plugin (obviously)
    - Prefixes that actually work + Suffixes
    - Permissions that actually work
    - Ability to not have to promote the player, but do /setgroup to remove the player fromm the old group and place it in the new one. (So for example if the ladder is guests, members, helpers, I could do /setgroup player oldgroup newgroup ex. /setgroup Gregory46 guests helpers)
    - I understand most YAML, but please make it simple to use and understand
    When I need this: ASAP, my server is on whitelist until I can get it.
    Please please please! I have spent almost a year looking, your my hero if you make this!
    Thanks

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@Gregory46 PEX with a chatmanager plugin? Permissions plugins won't show prefixes and suffixes by themselves.

3. Offline

Gregory46

@timtower I did find one once, but if I have to get two it is no big deal. PEX for some reason no matter what build I use shows up red or not at all in the plugin list and does not work. (Trust me, I have tried)

4. Online

5. Offline

Gregory46

Will do @timtower let me reinstall it
    Edit: Umm it went over the pastebin limit, can I post it here?

6. Online

@Gregory46 Clear your log, start server again.
    Limit on here is way less then pastebin.

7. Offline

Solaris_88

If it's showing up red. You either have an error with your permissions, or it's the wrong version. I'm not too well informed on how Permissionsex works. I use GroupManager :p

8. Offline

Gregory46

Well it's the default setting @Solaris_88 , and no config is generated.
    Also, hastebin limit exceeded too :p
    @timtower I use a host with ftp file access, how would I clear the server log?
    P.S. I use a plugin called SuperLogger, which over logs everything.

9. Online

10. Offline

Gregory46

@timtower It did not regenerate, so Idk.
    Isn't permissionsex unstable anyways?

11. Online

@Gregory46 Then there is something wrong with your server.
    And it was, but I never had issues with it.

12. Offline

Gregory46

13. Offline

nverdier

@Gregory46 You have to restart your server for the log to regenerate... Once the server is loaded, post the log. It won't surpass the pastebin limit.

14. Online

Moved to Bukkit alternatives.
    @Gregory46
    Code:
    [16:44:38] [Server thread/INFO]: [PermissionsEx] Enabling PermissionsEx v1.23.1
    [16:44:38] [Server thread/ERROR]: [PermissionsEx] =================================================================================
    [16:44:38] [Server thread/ERROR]: [PermissionsEx] As of version 1.23, PEX is only compatible with versions of Minecraft 1.8 or greater. Please downgrade to the most recent 1.22.x series version of PEX to continue.
    [16:44:38] [Server thread/ERROR]: [PermissionsEx] =================================================================================
    [16:44:38] [Server thread/INFO]: [PermissionsEx] Disabling PermissionsEx v1.23.1

15. Offline

Gregory46

Ok @timtower I will try adap. Btw, it is still a plugin request... I can easily change the build of my server from bukkit 1.7.10. As I said earlier, I keep changing the builds trying pex. Please move me back?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  16. Offline

Gregory46

Thanks! Got pex working.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.