Perk Book

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by Hetjoshi, Dec 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Hetjoshi

Suggested name: Perks

What I want: Alright so I want a plugin where you can have any book which are named Perk Book (ID) to be redeemed for the perk(permission) its suppose to give. by doing /redeemperk while holding the book in hand you can redeem this perk(permission) so you get this permission which was assigned in config corresponding to its ID so (1) is assigned to lets say essentials.help now you get that permission

Ideas for commands: /redeemperk

Ideas for permissions: redeem.perk

When I'd like it by: As soon as possible

or it can have like a lore with Perk Book (Any ID Here)

EDIT by Timtower: merged posts

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2014
  2. Offline

pie_flavor

I don't mean to be rude but your post is confusing.
    Are you asking for a book (book? enchanted book? book n quill? written book? personally i think enchanted book would look better) that has in the lore Perk Book #, and the number refers to a permission or group of permissions, and when you type /redeemperk you get the permission(s)?

Hetjoshi likes this.
  3. Offline

Hetjoshi

@pie_flavor i like your idea yes exactly that! Name can be watever but the lore has to be Perk Book # and lore can be any color hopefully.

4. Offline

pie_flavor

Okay. Just so you know, the ID doesn't have to be a number. You can use a string as well, it just can't contain spaces. Also, I am adding 2 ccommands - one to get a book with the proper lore, the other to change the permissions associated with the book IDs. Basically like a command to change config.yml

5. Offline

Experminator

@pie_flavor @Hetjoshi Maybe is a book, with title: VIP
    in the book (Text in book); the permissions and prefix fun?

6. Offline

Hetjoshi

thanks for the idea Experminator but no and Thanks Pie Just make sure its compatible with 1.8 spigot

7. Offline

pie_flavor

Finished! Perks.jar
    I feel good about it, meaning that I probably screwed up something crucial. Test it out and tell me how it goes!
    In case the config comments don't copy over, just put any "id" string under the key "perks", and under that, put a list of permissions. If you don't know how, it's simple:
    Code:
    perks:
      set1:
      - plugin1.command1
      - plugin1.command2
      set2: [plugin2.command1, plugin2.command2]
    Also: The command "/bookget <id> " will give you a preformatted book. If you want to make your own, and format it your own way, just make sure you have the line "Perk Book <id>". It is important you don't put a space after the ID. You can have any number of lore lines, that just has to be one of them. Make sure it's an enchanted book. You can get them without any enchantments with "/minecraft:give <yourname> enchanted_book".
    Enjoy! Please tell me how testing goes.

8. Offline

mrCookieSlime

Moved to Alternatives Section.

9. Offline

Hetjoshi

@pie_flavor plugin doesnt even load on /pl and i cant find the folder for perks.. lol

10. Offline

pie_flavor

wat
    is there an error message?

EDIT
    Nvm, forgot that you had to put #x00a7 instead of ยง for colors in plugin.yml and I just fixed it. Redownload for fix.

11. Offline

Hetjoshi

I get errors and it says Unable to load Perks is it update, Btw did you make this plugin for 1.8 its not working @pie_flavor

Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
  12. Offline

XgXXSnipz

13. Offline

Hetjoshi

Just cus i mention spigot 1.8 he moved all my plugin threads to this section -_- @XgXXSnipz

Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
  14. Offline

mrCookieSlime

@XgXXSnipz @Hetjoshi
    I did not move all your Threads to this section because you mentioned spigot once.
    I moved them because you were specifically looking for Spigot 1.8 Support in every Thread.

15. Offline

pie_flavor

I don't know anything about Spigot. It probably has something to do with item management, but I am fairly certain it would work in 1.7 vanillabukkit.
    Also -
    Yeah, really isn't that helpful. Either post the full stack-trace as far as you can see it, or just post the console log.

16. Offline

Hetjoshi

@pie_flavor
    [12:37:38] [Server thread/ERROR]: Error occurred while enabling Perks v1.0 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at plugin.PerkMain.loadperks(PerkMain.java:45) ~[?:?]
    at plugin.PerkMain.onEnable(PerkMain.java:23) ~[?:?]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:321) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-612de46-07c2162]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:335) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-612de46-07c2162]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:405) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-612de46-07c2162]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_8_R1.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:355) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-612de46-07c2162]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_8_R1.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:315) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-612de46-07c2162]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R1.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:402) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-612de46-07c2162]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R1.MinecraftServer.k(MinecraftServer.java:370) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-612de46-07c2162]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R1.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:325) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-612de46-07c2162]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R1.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:211) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-612de46-07c2162]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_8_R1.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:494) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-612de46-07c2162]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

17. Offline

Hetjoshi

@pie_flavor Hey can you change it so that instead of it being Books It can be name tags? It looks cooler as a Name Tag.

18. Offline

pie_flavor

I think I fixed it. I put the thing to load the permission packs in the onEnable even though a first time user wouldn't have configured it yet. My solution: There's a new line in the config. Delete your "Perks" folder, then redownload the plugin. Delete the "unconfigured" line in the config entirely, then put a permission pack in, any permission pack. Then restart the server.

Also, in case you decide enchanted books would be cooler, there is suppport for both items now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.