Problem/Bug perhaps a server is already running on that port

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by edenkar123, Feb 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

edenkar123

me and my friends tryin to open a pixelmon server and every thing is fine in the console but it says at the end perhaps a server is already running on that port and i tried every thing and i dont know what to do can any body help ?

2. @edenkar123
    You may already have a server running on that port that you didn't properly close earlier. If you're on Windows, open the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc. At this point, I'd recommend you to close your Minecraft client or any other Java application that you may not want to accidentally close in the Task Manager.

In Task Manager, open the process list, and terminate any processes called "java.exe" or "javaw.exe". If this doesn't fix your issue, find a port that isn't already in use by another program, go to the server.properties file in your server directory, and find this field:
    Code:
    server-port=25565

Yours may look a bit different, but change the port here to the new port.

3. Like @Assist said, this may be because you are already running and instance of the server program or you are using the wrong port.

However, for me, this happened because of a bad IP address.

To view your IP address, do the following:

1. Press the keyboard combination WIN (windows key) + R
    2. In the 'Run' box, type cmd.exe and press enter
    3. In the command prompt, type IPCONFIG and press enter.

Now, scroll down until you find the IPv4 number and write it down on a piece of paper
    Then navigate to SERVER.PROPERTIES and replace whatever is right of "server-ip=" to your IPv4 address.

For example:

server-ip=192.168.4.503

4. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

No, that isn't needed, if you leave it blank then it will just work on any IP.
    Something running on the port will still show. Or the server won't work.

oceantheskatr likes this.
  5. true.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.