People cant build on my server! HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by alicenxvanity, Aug 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

alicenxvanity

I have downloaded craftbukkit build 1000, i set it all up put myself and my friend as OP but we still cant build. I downloaded the Essentials plugin and extracted it into the plugins folder. The server is a hamachi server. And i even tried setting the whitelist to true and adding our names to the whitelist but we still cant build. The computer i am running the server on is a 64 bit windows vista premium computer. Can you help me so we can build please?!?! Idk what else to do. I'm running the server from the cmd prompt not from a gui.

2. Offline

alicenxvanity

really? noone responds? :( so saddening...i just wanna play with my friends....please help me :(

3. Offline

that331

I am having the same issue. I believe it to be an issue with the Essentials configuration because the users are able to build if I disable the Essentials plugins. I am running craftbukkit #1000, Essentials 2.5 and Permissions 3.

4. Offline

Jonchun

It is probably because you have just Essentials installed... Try adding Permissions 3.x and creating a group called Admins with all the permissions ('*'). Then, make all your friends Admins. Then everything should work.

5. Offline

that331

I got this fixed just now. Apparently Permissions 3 was causing the problem on my server. It worked fine after I uninstalled Permissions 3. I switched to Group Manager that came with the Essentials zip file and everything is working normally now.

6. Offline

alicenxvanity

Well Even before I had Essentials on it we couldnt build. I'll try getting Permissions but Idk how to set that up. Could you give me a bit of Info on how to set it up? Thank you for Responding

I didnt notice a Group Manager in my Essentials.zip... I'll have to go through and look at it again.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.