Filled Parkour PvP

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by GHOSTxSN1P3Z, May 31, 2013.

?

Is this an OK idea?

Poll closed Jun 14, 2013.
  1. This Idea Is Awesome!

57.1%
  2. This is an OK idea

28.6%
  3. Meh...

14.3%
  4. No This Sucks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Offline

GHOSTxSN1P3Z

Hello There,

I was thinking about how I loved to parkour, and pvping, then thought why can't I do both?

So I made a somewhat simple arena then decided to just download a plugin that had a Lobby, custom kits, and 4 "teams" (Made of 1 person each). I was sure I could find one that allowed me to set an end point and whenever 1 of the players get to that point, it would allow them to win. While everyone is trying to get to the top, it is PvP, allowing people to knock each other off with bows, swords etc. I do not want lives though, the goal is to get to the top, not to be the Last Man Standing.

But when I did the looking and downloading I did not find a single one that allowed this to happen. If anyone can point me in the right direction then please reply. Also, if this has not been made, then I will show screenshots about what I would like to happen. Excuse me if I rambled too much, or this has been already made.

(I think this has been made, but not to this extent/or this way)

Thanks,
    GHOSTxSN1P3Z

If you do know anything about how I could make this work your reply would be appreciated!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2016
  2. Offline

Gawdzahh

I could do this... What are you able to give in return?

3. Offline

GHOSTxSN1P3Z

Gawdzahh What do you think?

Ok Well, Im asuming that this has not been made so I will explain it.

--------------------------------------------------------
    I would like:
    A Lobby (With Signs)
    4 Teams of 1
    No Player Damage (Only Knockback Into Void)
    No Lives Limit
    A "Race" to the top (Get there 3 Times to win)
    Custom Classes!
    Multiple Arena support
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    When I would Like this done by:
    Within a month?
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Scoreboard Support & Points:
    (The GUI Text on the side of screen)
    Ex: Shows how many points each player has during game, resets when game finishes.
    When a player wins, then recieve 2 Points, runner Up gets 1 point.
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for checking this out! If you think you can do it/handle it please reply!

Thanks Again.

Could someone give me some input? :| That would be great.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

4. Offline

GreySwordz

GHOSTxSN1P3Z What will you give and when do you want it by?

5. Offline

xEpicTaco

You're acting like Bukkit is a business... It is not.

6. Offline

GreySwordz

It is not, but I like a small token of appreciation for my work. It doesn't need to be anything big, or even money. If he gave me a lax deadline, I wouldn't ask for anything. If I had to finish it in a short amount of time I would like some reward.

7. Offline

Rojet601

If you have a public server where you would host this plugin and you could credit me there I would be happy to try to develop it for you.

8. Offline

GHOSTxSN1P3Z

xEpicTaco Thank you very much, I was wondering if that was allowed...
    Rojet601 GreySwordz If you would make this, then my server would be able to use it and prob be able to be up in a month, I would give either of you VIP on it, easy. I will get back to you more in-depth later.

9. Offline

Gorro_Rojo

I would like to develop it too! I need practice, and this is the perfect practice!
    hmmm, hey Rojet601 , wonna team up? XD, or would you like to do it yourself?

10. Offline

jorisk322

You can already do this with PVP-arena.

11. Offline

Rojet601

Gorro_Rojo I want to practice too :), it would be nice if we could do it together. @GHOSTxSPN1P3Z well, I think it's time to get coding then :D

12. Offline

GHOSTxSN1P3Z

jorisk322 I have searched many PvP Arenas and none allow the "No lives, Only a Race" with the Custom Classes option. When I was thinkin of this mini-game I had no idea how challenging and hard this would be to create. Also, if you do know a way I could make this work, please give me a link to the plugin! :D

Rojet601 My name doesn't have a P in it, FWY :) and also I am working on coding right now, just not for plugins, so it would be hard to do both at the same time. If nobody can/will do this within a month, then I will try and make this myself.

Also anyone feel free to try this, I would not be posting this if I wanted this for myself, (I do, but I dont mind other servers having this) If you really do want a reward, then make the plugin, then send me the link (any stage of progress) and I will happily give you VIP/Staff status on my server. (Might not be much to you but its what I can give).

Thanks to all who have read and have done tooken the servey. Please keep this going so others can see it!

Have a good summer BTW. :p

Some people are interested in making this, but does anyone have a plugin that will/can work for my idea? Anything is appreciated! :D

13. Offline

jorisk322

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-mods/pvparena/
    You can do it with this one.

14. Offline

GHOSTxSN1P3Z

I have tried that one, just not as in-depth as some others I have tried, allow me to check it out, and I will reply with what I have found.
    -You are sure this will allow a "Race" to the top not based on kills?-

jorisk322 Very confusing plugin, it would work for PvP but there is no "Race/Parkour" option. Have you tried to use this for what I am trying to do?

15. Offline

jorisk322

The plugin is very advanced. It allows for a lot of customization. There is no parkour-option, but I'm pretty sure you could set the goal to mining/clicking/stepping on a specific block. You would have to look into it yourself though, as the plugin is quite complicated, and I don't have the time to find out how to do it.

16. Offline

GHOSTxSN1P3Z

jorisk322 Ok, well I have some people who are looking into actually devoloping a plugin for it, so Ill continue to look at it, I just don't think this plugin would work out, because I want a lobby board with signs, a lobby, special spawnpoints, getting to the top 3 times, and drops. I can still check it out though, and thanks for the help!

17. Offline

jorisk322

I think everything you mentioned is possible with the plugin. Good luck with finding out how it works/getting a custom plugin made.

18. Offline

GHOSTxSN1P3Z

jorisk322 Ok, thanks for everything though :)