Plugin Help Packets

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by Tyler Christensen, Feb 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So like many other Bukkit Plugin Programmers, we all use the API because it is easier. However, i feel the need to extend my knoledge to further my learning experience in programming. My question is where is a good site or video where i can learn about packets in Bukkit? I know Bukkit runs off of them, however, no one uses it because of the API in Bukkit that is easier to use. If anyone could teach me or help me find a GREAT place to learn, please let me know! Thank you for your consideration.

2. Offline

nverdier

@Tyler Christensen Well Bukkit doesn't "Run off of packets". A packet is simply a single unit binary data capable of being transferred through a network. Sure, a server receives them, but saying that Bukkit runs off of them is incorrect, although I think I see your point. Onto your next point, it's not only the fact the the Bukkit API is easy to use, it's that it has most of everything you'll need to use. What do you need to use packets for? Most likely what you're trying to accomplish won't need them, or are you just trying to learn them for if you ever need them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.