Overriding Bukkit Functions to Implement Bungeecord IP Forward

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by krisdestruction, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

krisdestruction

I am trying to see if there's a way I can implement Bungeecord's IP forward feature through a plugin based solution. I was wondering if it would be possible to override and replace certain functions through a plugin. I want to replace player.getAddress() with my own InetSocketAddress return value.

2. Offline

Arkel

Short of using a bytecode modification library (very hacky solution, I wouldn't recommend it) I don't believe this is possible.

3. Offline

Alster551

This thread will be locked as we dont support. Bungee/Spigot on bukkit forums.

4. Offline

NathanWolf

If you actually read the post, versus insta-triggering off of keywords, you'll see the OP is trying to implement something like BungeeCord, but as a Bukkit plugin.

This would be super awesome if possible, I'm all for it. Even if it does something crazy like use AspectJ, and won't get approved as an official plugin, I'd still love to see it happen :)

Arkel likes this.
  5. Offline

Garris0n

Actually, he's trying to implement a feature of Spigot that passes the real IP into the server instead of the proxy. To be useful, this technically requires BungeeCord.

@OP
    https://github.com/Bukkit/CraftBukk...kkit/craftbukkit/entity/CraftPlayer.java#L113
    https://github.com/Bukkit/CraftBukk...net/minecraft/server/NetworkManager.java#L166

Have fun trying not to break something, I guess.

NathanWolf and fireblast709 like this.
  6. Offline

NathanWolf

Ahhhhhhh.. well, doh. And ok then, lock away I guess :p

... while I still have time, though, is anyone up for making a Bukkit plugin that somehow does what BungeeCord does? :D

7. Offline

Iroh

Locked.
    We do not support bungeechord we support craftbukkit.

Alster551 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.