Overload problem

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by angrierthanyou, Aug 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

angrierthanyou

Hi there. So for about a year we've been successfully running version 1.7.2-R0.2 with a few plugins. Never had any issues. After being yelled at for way too long about updating mcMMO, I finally did and while looking at the mcMMO page it seemed apparent that I would need to update my version of CB to 1.7.2-R0.3 to make that work. So I did just that, grabbed the two new jars and dropped them in. Then came the server overload warning messages and 5 second freezes about every 20 seconds. I've been trying to troubleshoot with my provider for weeks and it's finally been determined that this must be a problem on my end, a plugin conflict. The trouble is, plugin versions and bukkit version rarely seem to match and often times plugin devs drop support or don't update. Nothing is broken either, it's just laggy. So I started going through my list of plugins double checking for updates to version 1.7.2-R0.3 of CB and not many have one. I'm finding a lot of updates for 1.7.9 however. So okay, let's update to 1.7.9 and run it on a test server from my pc before destroying a years worth of player data on accident. I can't get the server to start from my computer, it keeps giving me this error about whitelist and "could not look up" and "please remove white-list.txt and restart your server."
    So I'm really at a loss and don't know what my next step would be towards getting this incredibly unplayable out-of-nowhere lag/tick loss to just stop already. If anyone has any insight at all, please do share.
    Thanks very much.

I don't know if it helps but I shoot arrows one after the other and the lag hits harder than anywhere else. I'm trying chest/furnace lag and it's almost non-existent.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.