Ops.txt override permissions plugin?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by klutch2013, Jun 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

klutch2013

is there a way to stop the ops.txt from overriding the permissions plugin because even if someone is in default in the permissions, if their on the ops.txt then they can still use all permissions.

is there a way to stop this OTHER then taking them off of the ops.txt?

2. Offline

dak393

What commands can they use sometimes the plugin itself will override permissions for command use

3. Offline

klutch2013

well, here was the situation:
    i have 2 worlds, Survival, and Build. Now i had a user in a group that doesn't have permissions to use the /god command with Essentials. (this user was on ops.txt) now even though their group didn't have the rights to use the command, because he was on the ops list, he could. any idea how to fix that?

4. Offline

DerpDetonator

You need to change the users, and take away permissions from them by using the permissions nodes. They'll still by able to do op stuff, and any plugin commands that don't have nodes, but some commands can be taken away.

God mode should be able to be taken away, just go to the page of the plugin and look for the specific node.

5. Offline

klutch2013

i already did that. i took it away but because they were on the ops list they could still use the command. please read above posts ^^

6. Offline

DerpDetonator

Did you take it away in the specific users section of the permissions config file

Or essentials

7. Offline

klutch2013

never mind. i figured out a temp solution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.