Filled Operator Password on Join

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by DeJay6424, Sep 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Crud41

Well, first off, after reading the first sentence of your "Response" and misspelling the word "Idiot" is a failure in and of itself. On top of which, I no longer respect you as much as I did seeing as how you run in here, fists flailing. Also, if the person who registers uses the same password for everything EVEN on a server where the owner can easily go through their data at any time, then they must be the aforesaid "iditot"s.

What? I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or serious. I hope to god you are being sarcastic.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2016
  2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

He is free to report the post.
    Doubt it that they will touch it though.
    AronTheGamer Most developers have a bad habit ( me at least ):
    We make things EXACTLY as the requester wants them. Flatfile, fine, flatfile it is, plain text without encryption, fine, plain text it is.
    In 9 out of 10 cases: if it isn't mentioned it isn't implement unless the developer wants it himself / herself.

3. Offline

eyamaz

@ all

Warnings have been issued please return to civility or this thread will be locked, and I'm sure no one wants that. Offer constructive criticism for how to fix an issue and not ridicule the author for a mistake.

As far as the plugin itself goes, a DB link in plugin requests is always and forever will be a /use at your own risk./

4. Offline

Crud41

Not really a mistake, they just disagree with my decision for following the original poster's instructions.

5. Offline

eyamaz

I didn't say "mistake," I said "issue."

What he brought up was a potential security issue with the plugin, regardless if the plugin was coded properly or not. The way he did it was not exemplary, though.

PapiDimmi likes this.
  6. Offline

Crud41

ColonelHedgehog and eyamaz like this.
  7. Offline

AronTheGamer

I edited my post. Spoilered it. Sorry for my harsh response.
    The comment was written on my phone, that's the reason it was misspelled.

8. Offline

DeJay6424

Crud is done, there's a reason it's Filled. Requesting Lock.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.