Solved op level not working on bukkit, but fine on minecraft vanilla

Discussion in 'General Help' started by sodasodamac, May 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

sodasodamac

When I op a player to level 2 on minecraft_server_1.8.6 it works just fine. The player is able to run command "/gamemode 2", but not command "/stop". This is correct. But on bukkit or spigot 1.8.6 the player is able to run commands "/stop" "/ban" "/kick" while he is on level 2 in ops.json. I have tested this thorougly now.

Anyone experienced the same?

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Moved to Bukkit alternatives

3. Offline

nverdier

I haven't experienced this, but if it's a problem, you could just use permissions via a permissions plugin. I recommend PermissionsEx.

4. Offline

sodasodamac

I tried PermissionsEx, but it didn´t work out as I hoped for, too complicated. I only need to put people in two groups, admin (op-level 4) and users (op-level 2). This works fine in Minecraft, so it was a big dissapointment to notice that it didn´t work in either craftbukkit or spigot. I want to run Grief Prevention plugin, but that is no point when users are able to run the "/IgnoreClaims" command in that plugin, which they can as op-level 4.

5. Offline

oceantheskatr

Try out GroupManager. It's similar to PermissionsEx, however easier to use :) You can have a default group with permissions to certain things (You can find permissions on each plugin's page) and your admins can have "*" permission, which gives them permission to everything. Also, what you are referring to as "Minecraft" is commonly referred to here as vanilla (Which means it's just a normal Minecraft server, not a Bukkit/Spigot/Forge server) just so that you know the terminology :)

6. Offline

sodasodamac

Thanks for helping out @oceantheskatr I´ve tried GroupManager now. But a user in a default group is not able to to do commands like "/gamemode 2" or any other commands. What could be wrong? Please take a look at the entries:
    Globalgroups.yml:
    groups:

# Permission nodes for GroupManager
    # by ElgarL, snowleo, continued from gabrielcouto's original
    # http://wiki.ess3.net

g:groupmanager_default:
    permissions:
    - groupmanager.notify.self

g:groupmanager_moderator:
    permissions:
    - groupmanager.listgroups
    - groupmanager.mandemote
    - groupmanager.manpromote
    - groupmanager.manselect
    - groupmanager.manuadd
    - groupmanager.manudel
    - groupmanager.manwhois
    - groupmanager.notify.other

g:groupmanager_admin:
    permissions:
    - groupmanager.mantogglevalidate
    - groupmanager.mansave
    - groupmanager.mangcheckp
    - groupmanager.manglistp
    - groupmanager.manucheckp
    - groupmanager.manulistp

# Permission nodes for CraftBukkit
    # by many devs and contributors
    # http://dl.bukkit.org/

g:bukkit_default:
    permissions:
    - bukkit.command.gamemode
    - bukkit.command.teleport
    - bukkit.command.tell
    - bukkit.command.time
    - bukkit.command.time.add
    - bukkit.command.time.set
    - bukkit.command.give
    - bukkit.command.help
    - bukkit.command.kill
    - bukkit.command.list
    - bukkit.command.tell
    - bukkit.command.say
    - bukkit.broadcast.user
    - -bukkit.command.plugins

groups.yml:
    groups:
    Default:
    default: true
    permissions:
    - -bukkit.command.kill
    inheritance:
    - g:groupmanager_default
    - g:bukkit_default
    info:
    prefix: '&e'
    build: true
    suffix: ''

users.yml:
    users:
    623bf345-f661-45c5-9805-83d8cbb87989:
    lastname: Kamilla
    group: Default
    subgroups: []
    permissions:
    - groupmanager.noofflineperms

7. Offline

oceantheskatr

Give the permission essentials.gamemode to the default group with the command /mangaddp default essentials.gamemode. You can see a full list of permissions for Essentials at: http://wiki.ess3.net/wiki/Command_Reference/Perm

A
    lso a word of advice, when sharing .yml files, please put them on http://pastebin.com and link the URL here. This makes for a cleaner thread and also preserves indentation which is important for .yml files. Also when posting logs you should use PasteBin so that the thread isn't reeeeally long.

8. Offline

sodasodamac

Thanks for good advices! I will use pastebin in the future. I am not using Essentials plugin, only the Group Manager which is standalone. Only the EssentialsGroupManager.jar. Do I still have to give permission essentials.gamemode ?

9. Offline

nverdier

@sodasodamac If you don't have the Essentials plugin then no of Essential's commands or permissions will do anything.

10. Offline

sodasodamac

But, will this do? - bukkit.command.gamemode

11. Offline

oceantheskatr

Yes

12. Offline

sodasodamac

But the problem is that "bukkit.command.gamemode" doesn't work unless i op the player.
    And if I don't use the Group Manager plugin, but only the built-in ops.json there may be a bug in bukkit and spigot. The players can stop/ban/kick/restart and so on as op level 2. But on vanilla MC they can only do /gamemode/give etc as level 2 and only as level 4 do the critical commands as stop etc. If you set up a quick test server you can test it your self and see if I'm right.

13. Offline

sodasodamac

I manage to solve the problem. Instead of "bukkit.command.gamemode" I had to use "minecraft.command.gamemode"
    I am running craftbukkit-1.8.3.jar

Solution:
    permissions:
    - minecraft.command.gamemode

14. Offline

oceantheskatr

Glad you figured it out :) If you don't have any other questions, please mark your thread as solved. See this for more info.

sodasodamac likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.