Solved OP command permissions (PermissionsBukkit)

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by howardh, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

howardh

Plugin: PermissionsBukkit

I want to allow users on my server to perform commands such as changing time of day and game mode, which are OP commands, but if I make them OP, they also have access to things like /stop, which I don't want. I couldn't get it to either allow regular users to access commands they need, nor could I prevent OPs from using /stop.

I've tried the following while not OP
    Code:
    users:
      [username]:
        permissions:
          bukkit.command.list: true
          permissions.build: false
    And it tells me I don't have access to /list

I've also tried
    Code:
    users:
      [username]:
        permissions:
          bukkit.command.list: false
          permissions.build: false
    while OP, but it still lets me call /list.

I change the building permission each time I make a modification so that I can make sure that other permissions are working, and they are, so I know it's not an issue with permissions not applying to me. What could be the reason that I can't change permissions for /list (or any other commands OPs get access to)?

2. Offline

ZeroZX4

1st try any other permission plugin like permissionsex group manager or bpermissions

WaWaKwa likes this.
  3. Offline

howardh

There's people on the server who aren't willing to be kicked off for the new plugin, so I couldn't test them, but I think I found a way around it. It looks like the Essentials plugin has all the functionality I need and their permissions can be set for users. I'm thinking the presence of the plugin could be a possible reason for the settings I originally had not working.
    Thanks for your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.