On 1.3 dev builds and the slab/half-slab lag.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by ClearTranquil, Aug 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ClearTranquil

I've tested a few dev builds over the last few days (2281, 2291, 2293, 2308) and with all but the earliest one (2281) players have been having crippling lag when placing slabs or stairs using the new block placement methods (top or bottom half of a block).

The lag occurs mostly when trying to place a slab or double slab (or stairs) on the side of ANOTHER slab or double slab. The whole server locks up and the sound lags when placing. Placing in rapid succession is a good way to get the server to lock up for up to 10 seconds. The lag ALSO occurs when placing any normal block directly next to a double-slab or half slab block.

I should mention that apart from this, I'm not having any lag elsewhere and 95% of my plugins have been working perfectly. If people are experience lag, try telling your players to avoid slabs. Cleared it up for me.

In any case, this is just my report, I was wondering if anyone has the same issue and I thought I might report it since it's been quite a few dev builds since this problem started happening.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.