ok i got a big problem with you people

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by iBombastic, Apr 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

iBombastic

everytime.....you upload a new craftbukkit version BUT THERE IS NO START FILE IN THERE AND I CANT LAUNCH THE SERVER WITHOUT IT (y'know...the start.bat file) WHAT ABOUT THAT FILE?! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO LAUNCH MY SERVER WITHOUT IT?...so can someone please give me that file? =]

2. Offline

Sayshal

Calm the hell down.
    Easiest fix:
    Open your .bat file in notepad, find the part that says something like...

"craftbukkit-1.2.3-R1.1.jar"
    OR SOMETHING WITH .jar at the end that has craftbukkit in it.

Change that to:
    "craftbukkit.jar"

Then.. whenever bukkit updates you change the download .jar file to craftbukkit.jar

Problem solved Mr.Boldypants.

fysics, ne0nx3r0 and evilmidget38 like this.
  3. Offline

iBombastic

i tried but its complicated...
    this is my start.bat file....what do i change?
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    and anyways...can someone edit their start.bat file with craftbukkit.jar n upload to mediafire? it will really help..and to the ones making craftbukkit..i think you should add a start.bat file that works with any version that you upload for people who have no idea what they're doing just like me

4. Offline

Sayshal

Stop bolding or I'll stop helping. You sound like an angry 4 year old. Also, your thread title is kind of offensive.

fysics likes this.
  5. Offline

ZeroZX4

download bukkit gui from here
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/bukkitgui/

download craftbukkit from here
    http://dl.bukkit.org/downloads/craftbukkit/view/01026_1.2.5-R1.0/

follow this 3 steps
    http://i.imgur.com/J9ey6.png

but if u really need/want to stay with bat files

here are 4 different bat files
    http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/36778740/file.html
    http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/14686885/file.html
    http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/6449618/file.html
    http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/58488266/file.html

1st u rename your craftbukkit.1.1.1.jar file to craftbukkit.jar

than u put all of them in your bukkit folder and 1 of them will work for sure

6. Offline

mindless728

This one is easy. You make your own start.bat file.

7. Offline

iBombastic

i've used the GUI with the steps u showed me n everything seems fine i can enter the server but my friends cant...any help?
    this is how it looks now
    [​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

but thats how i always write in forums T_T and im writing..how can i sound like anything?
    and the thread title is just to get people's attention =]

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016
  8. Port forward.
    You really sound like one.
    Why? THAT'S WHY!doesn't it look kinda agressive?

ne0nx3r0 and Sayshal like this.
  9. Offline

ZeroZX4

or you need hamachi or port forwarding

and why you use beta build ?

10. Offline

iBombastic

no it doesnt :D

i got no idea he gave me a download and i downloaded it :confused:

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016
  11. Offline

ZeroZX4

12. Offline

iBombastic

so wait do i need that GUI or what?

13. Offline

ZeroZX4

14. Offline

iBombastic

downloaded that one^ still friends cant go in im usin hamachi

15. Offline

ZeroZX4

wait wait you are giving him hamachi IP ? and he still cant connect to it ? but you can ? maybe he have outdated client

16. Offline

Sayshal

ZeroZX4 about him using a beta build - I personally think he should because its a start to fixing the huge CPU/RAM issues present in the current RB.

17. Offline

Dreeass

Google, ever heard of it or even tried it? Well that's what I think when I read these stupid questions.

Sayshal likes this.
  18. Offline

Omnitv

I dont like youre title.
    No cookie for you.

Dreeass likes this.
  19. Offline

JOPHESTUS

20. Offline

r0306

Sir, you need to:
    1. Calm the hell down.
    2. Make a hamachi network. Network>Create New Network
    3. Give your friends the network info and make them join your network.
    4. Give them your hamachi IP.
    5. Change the Server.properties file so that the IP field equals your hamachi IP (IP = 5.111.222.333) And change online mode to false.
    6. Start up the server and make them connect.
    7. Eat scrambled eggs.

Sayshal and Omnitv like this.
  21. Offline

Dreeass

Or just buy a premium account and portforward like every normall person does..

22. Offline

ZeroZX4

hmm ?? how you know he got offline mode on server ? or even cracked minecraft ? even his start up in console dont have warning about offline mode so like how ?

cause you know you can use port forwarding and hamachi with both cracked/premium accounts and offline/online mode servers ?

i just want to know if you are guessing or did i miss the part when he said he got offline server ? cause i just read his all post again and didnt see find it

23. Offline

Monopol

Why the heck do you help those stupid ignorant kids, like iBombastic?

JOPHESTUS and Sayshal like this.
  24. Offline

Ne0nx3r0

I'm just sayin'.

[​IMG]

Monopol, JOPHESTUS, fysics and 3 others like this.
  25. Offline

ZeroZX4

Monopol
    why not ? they come here for help not for being judged by us
    its help forum for everyone not just for chosen ones

and if you call him ignorant kid cause of his font size than well
    i just ask you to have open mind now and look at this from other perspective and im not joking

you and ppl who dont like bold font or double sized font why dont you complain on essentials essentialsteam
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/ge...tion-of-useful-commands-1-2-4-1-2-5-r1.15312/

most of text in their post is bold and double sized why no 1 complain about it ? i just dont understand

and even i say more each of you hold left ctrl and pres + or - so magic ? so its not his problem with the font but other ppls just lack of tolerance and knowledge about how to fit size of text on site for your self

even most if not all browsers now got option to adjust size of page with simple bar (opera does for sure)

i really would want to someone answer it not joking or without sarcasm and after thinking about it with open mind

in the end no 1 force us to read anything so why should we comment ?

ne0nx3r0
    look how many ppl come here with how simple problem to which solutions are nearly obvious and self explanatory

so lets say now like 30 % of all minecraft players manage/host servers

after we would stop supporting ppl who cant handle even most basic and simple task with server managing or hosting

than how you think from that 30% how many % of minecraft players would be able to host/manage servers ? cause i think like around 5% maybe less

26. Offline

Dreeass

I quote from r0306's post:
    5. Change the Server.properties file so that the IP field equals your hamachi IP (IP = 5.111.222.333) And change online mode to false.

27. Offline

ZeroZX4

ow i didnt see that anyway it would not solve his problem w/e he have cracked or premium acc cause he got problem with server not with account

28. Offline

iBombastic

ok for all of the idiots out there:
    1.im not angry i wrote it that way as a joke to encourage the people who make craftbukkit to add a start.bat file to every release so it'll be more comortable for users
    2.i know how the fuck to use hamachi and to edit my server properties i just cant start the server normally so friends can go in
    3.this isnt the first time i open a server, ive had alot of servers on the old versions of craftbukkit cuz i had a start.bat file that actually worked but it stopped working with the new versions...

29. Offline

Lolmewn

Noo! NOOO! Not online-mode=false! NOOOOO --
    (someone forgot dots, you know who ;))

Anyway: Don't use online-mode=false, it's a big, big security risk.

30. Offline

Ne0nx3r0

Easy now, it was just a joke. I offer obvious advice just as often as the next person, and he already got his question answered.

What I do take issue with is the sense of entitlement many new users have in open source communities. It's one thing to say "Hey guys I have this really basic issue and I can't solve it myself", but when you come out guns blazing on a subject you clearly don't have a firm grasp of and blame the community demanding changes that are both impractical and unnecessary 99% of the time... Well that's just begging for some sarcasm.

I think there is a piece here you are missing. Your start.bat file is in no way related to your Bukkit Minecraft server. start.bat is a script many people on Windows use to start their server to make things easier on them. Users on Linux or OSX would use a different script, and users with different server setups would need different configurations.

It's really your job to make a startup script that works for you; most people prefer bukkit releases as they are - just a jar file they can replace on their server. The majority of us feel that this is a perfectly logical way to handle releases; so you should be responsible and learn how to manage your start-up script rather than asking the Bukkit community to do it for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.