Plugin Request Offline Block Protection

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by theEasternDragon, Dec 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Note: This is a copy/paste of an earlier plugin request, from back in 2014. This is still something I want, and I have been looking for something like this since I started hosting servers. If this already exists, please point me in the right direction.

I don't program, but I understand some very basic elements of it. From what I have been able to gather, this wouldn't be that hard to do.

Plugin category:
    Anti-Grief/World Protection

Suggested name: OfflineBlockProtection

What I want: As a server host, I can appreciate the joys of griefing. This may seem odd, but there are some people who like to spend their time burning others creations.

On the pvp/raid servers I host, however, I find it sad that one can log off, and when they get back, find their creation has simply disappeared.

The plugin I would like to propose would be one that allows for blocks to be protected, but only when players are offline. In real life, the reason that mass burnings of towns don't happen, is because there are constantly people guarding and protecting these towns. Because players have offline time, this is not possible in Minecraft.

Basically what I would like is something similar to world guard, or other user ready anti-grief plugins, but that will only protect players houses/land when they are offline.

Note 2: Ideally, you would define two corners, and have that entire area from build limit to bedrock protected.

Note 3: This entire thing could probably be an addon to a popular world protection plugin such as WorldGuard.

Another thing: having a config to define the max area that could be protected would be nice. So, you could set that for the obp.user group, and everyone would only be able to protect that much land.

Yet another thing (I am done now I promise): Have a config option to disable it on a per world basis.

Ideas for commands:
    /protectiondelay [time] - Sets the delay after players logout before the protection to their land is engaged. (This is a global command, not one for group obp.user.)

/protect - Sets the region as one that will be protected when said player logs out.

On a side note, a wand-like item for land selection would be nice.

Feel free to add whichever commands are necessary.

Ideas for permissions:
    obp.override - Players with this permission will ignore block protection.
    obp.admin - Players with this permission can edit others land claims
    obp.op - complete control
    obp.user - Player can protect their own land

When I'd like it by: Whenever someone has some time. Sooner is better.

One last thing: If possible, it would be great if this could be version agnostic, (or at least support 1.7 up).

2. I am looking at that one now. The problem is that I don't want to prevent griefing entirely. I LIKE griefing/war/raids, the problem is that I only want them to occur when the owner of a protected area is online. So, if you log in, your stuff can be griefed, and you need to defend it. If you log off, your land is protected.

If GriefPrevention has this feature, that is what I will use.

The closest thing I am seeing with GriefPrevention is the "siege" feature. I suppose this works, and at least in part does what I want. However, it does not allow griefing in general, only certain blocks. I imagine this is configurable; I have not tested it yet.

It is also kind of complicated looking; I don't think I need everything in it. But that is a more minor issue.

The biggest one is that there is no 1.7 version.

I will see if I can get it to work, and report back. If anyone has any other recommendations, please let me know.

EDIT: A side note: I use Cauldron, with mods. So, any recommendations for plugins that work well with mods/Cauldron are preferred.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting. (Thanks, noted.)

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
  3. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Modded servers are not supported by Bukkit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.